Take advantage of Trek's national marketing campaign, sale pricing for your customers, and rebates on select bikes for you. Ascend queries allow you to easily submit for your rebates.
See Dexter for full details on Trek's Summer Sale.
- Keep Ascend on the latest version.
- Keep Trek vendor products up-to-date.
- Ensure all products in stock are properly categorized.
Sherpa Tip: Categorize products at the time they are received - check Options > Ordering > Check for missing product attributes.
- Place your orders as normal through Ascend. Promotional costs are automatically applied.
- Register all bikes sold with Trek.
- Promotional Trek Card financing rates are automatically available in the Plan Option drop-down menu for Trek Card payments.
- Download the customer sale pricing: From the Ascend Desktop, select the Integration menu > Trek > Sale Wizard. Summer Sale pricing is available in the Trek Sale Wizard approximately one week prior to the sale start.
Sherpa Tip: If you're a multi-store retailer, sale pricing automatically shares between all locations, so you only need to download each sale at one location.
- If you wish to extend Trek's rebate pricing to your customers, create an On Sale promotion for all Trek bikes.
Sherpa Tip: If you're a multi-store retailer, sale pricing automatically shares between all locations, so you only need to create the sale at one location.
a. From the Ascend Desktop, select the View menu > On Sale.
b. On the upper toolbar, click Add.
c. In the On Sale dialog box, enter the sale information.
i. On Sale Type: Product
ii. Description: 2017 Trek Summer Sale Rebate Bikes
iii. Start Date: 7/27/2017
iv. End Date: 8/7/2017
v. Check In-Store and/or E-Commerce based on whether you want pricing to apply in your physical store(s) and/or on your website.
vi. Click Save.d. Select the record you just created. On the lower toolbar, click Add.
e. In the Product Search tab, filter Trek bikes for each rebate price level.
i. From the Product drop-down, select Brandf. In the On Sale Item lower pane, apply the appropriate customer sale pricing rules.
ii. From the Category drop-down, select Bikes and click Include Child Categories.
iii. From the Vendor drop-down, select Trek Bicycle Corporation.
iv. From the MSRP drop-down, select the appropriate criteria (Between, >, or <) and enter the corresponding price value(s).
v. If you do not wish to extend sale pricing to out-of-stock (special order) bikes, check Inventory Only.
vi. If you do not wish to extend sale pricing to bikes that are already on another sales promotion, check Exclude Products Already On Sale.
Sherpa Tip: On Sale pricing does not "stack" or combine - the lowest applicable sale price/highest discount amount always applies. There's no harm in having the same product active on multiple On Sale promotions!
vii. Click Search.
i. Check off the products which will receive identical discount amounts.g. When all sale pricing is configured as desired, click Close.
Sherpa Tip: To select all displayed products, just check the box in the column header row.
ii. In the Method drop-down, select Dollars off MSRP, enter the appropriate discount value, and click Apply.
iii. Verify your margins are acceptable, check the Message column for errors and/or potential problems, and (when you're satisfied with your pricing) click Save.
- Download and run the Trek Summer Sale 2017 Bikes Sold query.
- Email the results of the query to Trek customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Sale rebate queries are due to Trek by Friday, August 18th 2017.
FAQs & troubleshooting
Promotional Sale PricingQ: How do I keep sale prices from showing on SmartEtailing early?
A: Sale pricing will only display early if you use the Supplier Sync service. If you do not wish to display sale pricing early, disable the sale price
feed on SmartEtailing (contact SmartEtailing support for assistance).
End-of-Sale ReportingQ: Why isn't a bike sold showing on the report?
A: This is generally due to one or more of the following reasons:
- The product is not categorized under a "Bikes" category (i.e. your parent category name must be "Bikes").
- The product was added to the transaction on a date outside of the range entered.
- The product does not have "Trek Bicycle Corporation" as a vendor.
- The product does not have "Trek" in the Brand field.