Ascend's integration with Ingenico payment terminals allows you to offer your customers the option to pay for their purchases by credit or debit card.
- Payment terminal integration requires Ascend version Fall 2015 or later.
- Terminals must be purchased from Ascend in order to function properly. To order, click here to email our sales team.
- Not all versions of the Ingenico iSC Touch 250 driver are compatible with Ascend. Download the driver from www.ascendrms.com.
- Integrated debit and credit card payments require payment processing from Chase Paymentech.
Connect your hardware
Before the payment terminal can be configured, the hardware must be properly installed. Simply:
- Plug the connection cable's round end into the power supply.
- Plug the connection cable's usb end into the back of the computer.
- Plug the power supply into an electrical outlet.
Before the terminal can be used in Ascend, the driver software must be installed and configured. To do this:
- Download the USB Driver for Ingenico Terminals (log into www.ascendrms.com).
- From the Windows Desktop, double-click IngenicoUSBDrivers_2.80_setup.exe. The Ingenico Device Installer Setup Wizard displays:
- Welcome to the Ingenico USB Drivers Package: Click Next.
- Choose Install Location: Click Next.
- USB Driver Parameters:
- Check the Force COM Port feature enabled option
- From the Product ID (PID) drop-down menu, select 0062 (iSC2xx).
- In the Virtual COM Port field, enter 28.
- Click Next.
- Advanced Parameters: Click Next.
- Choose Start Menu Folder: Click Install.
- Completing the Ingenico USB Driver Package: Click Finish.
Configure your USB device settings
After the terminal is installed, the computer's power options must be configured. To do this:
- Right-click Start
- From the displayed menu, select Control Panel.
- Click Hardware and Sound.
- Click Power Options.
- In the Plans section, select the High Performance option.
- Click Change plan settings.
- From the Edit Plan Settings dialog box, click Change advanced power settings.
- From the Power Options dialog box, expand the USB settings menu.
- Expand the USB selective suspend setting menu.
- From the Setting drop-down menu, select Disabled.
- Click OK.
- Click Save Changes.
Configure Ascend's settings
After the terminal is installed, Ascend's options must be configured. If you'd like, custom logos or advertising images may be displayed on the terminal screen.
- From the Ascend Desktop, click Options.
- Select the Payment Processing topic.
- Click Pinpad Setup.
- Check the Ingenico Device option.
- In the Port field, enter 28.
Article: Add a custom image to the (Ingenico) payment terminal