Ascend's integration with Ingenico payment terminals allows you to offer your customers the option to pay for their purchases by credit or debit card – whether it’s magnetic swipe, EMV (chip), or NFC (e.g. Apple Pay).
- Only the Ingenico iSC Touch 250 and Lane 7000 models are supported.
- Terminals must be purchased from Ascend in order to function properly. To order, contact our sales team.
- Not all versions of the Ingenico drivers are compatible with Ascend. Download the driver from www.ascendrms.com.
- Integrated debit and credit card payments require payment processing from Chase.
Sherpa tip: If you’ve previously installed an Ingenico device on the workstation, you may need to update the driver; see the Update the Ingenico payment terminal driver article for details.
Before the payment terminal can be configured, the hardware must be properly installed.
- Plug the connection cable's flat end into the payment terminal and secure it with the included screws.
- Plug the power supply into the connection cable's round end.
- Plug the connection cable's USB end into the back of the
Sherpa Tip: While other USB ports on your computer (e.g. front or monitor ports) may work, they don't receive a consistent connection, which may cause your printer to stop working or only work sporadically.
- Plug the power supply into an electrical outlet.
Install driver software
Before the terminal can be used in Ascend, the driver software must be installed and configured.
- Download the USB Driver for Ingenico Terminals (log into www.ascendrms.com).
- From the Windows Desktop, double-click Driver_Ingenico Payment Terminal 3.22.exe. The Ingenico USB Drivers Setup Wizard displays:
- Welcome to the Ingenico USB Drivers Setup Wizard: Click Next.
- Choose Install Location: Click Next.
- USB Driver Parameters:
a. Check Force COM Port feature enabled.
b. From the Product ID (PID) drop-down menu, select 0062 (Ingenico iSC2xx) for the iSC Touch 250 or 0056 (Ingenico Lane7xxx) for the Lane 7000.
c. In the Virtual COM Port field, enter 28.
d. In the Select by Connection Order field, enter 28.
e. Click Next.
- Advanced Parameters: Click Next.
- Choose Start Menu Folder: Click Install.
- Completing the Ingenico USB Drivers Setup Wizard: Click Finish.
- Reboot the computer.
Configure USB device settings
After the terminal is installed, the computer's power options must be configured.
- Open your Control Panel (just click on the Start Menu and start typing to search) and navigate to Power Options (in the Hardware and Sound category).
- In the Plans section, select the High Performance option.
- Click Change plan settings.
- From the Edit Plan Settings dialog box, click Change advanced power settings.
- From the Power Options dialog box, expand the USB settings menu.
- Expand the USB selective suspend setting menu.
- From the Setting drop-down menu, select Disabled.
- Click OK.
Configure Ascend settings
After the terminal is installed, Ascend's options must be configured.
- From the Ascend Desktop, click Options.
- Select the Payment Processing topic.
- Click the Pinpad Setup button.
- In the Port field, enter 28.
- Check Enable Ingenico Device.
- Click the Save button.
- Click the Pinpad Setup button again.
- Click the Reboot button.
- Click the Calibrate button.
- Click the Save button.
- Click the OK button.