Assign Products to a Category
Ideally, you want to assign products to a category when you create them. To categorize products after creation using the Category Mapper simply:
1. Select the Tools menu > Category Mapper from the Ascend Desktop. All uncategorized products currently in inventory will display. Products are listed in alphabetical order by default, but you can use the column headers and the search bar above the left pane to re-sort and narrow your results.
2. In the left pane, elect product(s) that below in a category together.
3. In the right pane, select the new category you would to assign the product(s) to.
- Shift + click to select multiple adjacent products.
- Ctrl + click to select multiple, non-adjacent products.
4. Click Map to categorize the selected product(s).