February 2021 Beta 3
Software 21.1.78 / Database Schema 87 (change from February 2020 Beta 2)
Ingenico iSC Touch 250 Device Configuration: 20.1.1 / Firmware: 22.214.171.124 (no change from February 2020 Beta 2)
Ingenico Lane 7000 Device Configuration: 20.3.2 / Firmware: 6.81.5 (no change from February 2020 Beta 2)
Release Date: January 6, 2021
- (new) In Settings > Goals, configure your targets for the Analytics > Retail Profit Machine metric.
- (fixed) (single-store retailers) On the RPM Accuracy report, values display for % of Bikes w/Accurate SNs and % of Uncommitted Negative Inventory.
- (fixed) On the Time Clock report, values display when a user record is missing.
- (fixed) The Date Range field is consistently active or disabled based on the report or page selected.
Ascend RMS Client
- (new) Performance for displaying reservations is improved when there are a large number of reservations and/or rental products.
- (new) The Sales - Associate Special Orders user permission
allows employees to associate special orders to an existing order item.
Sherpa tip: This permission is NOT checked for existing users on upgrade. This permission is included in the Administrator List permission template.
- (new) (Trek dealers) Pricing information automatically uploads to APPLE once per week (in addition to at Vendor Order submission).
- (new) On a previously created Vendor Order, click the
dropdown arrow in the Transaction column to assign an outstanding special
order to that order item, or to assign the order item to a different special order.
If a special order was previously assigned to the order item, select the blank row
to move the special order back to outstanding.
Sherpa tip: If outstanding special orders exist for the product, this column is highlighted in yellow. Disassociating a special order from an order item does NOT remove the special order status.
- (new) When the Ascend.Rms.Agent Windows service stops unexpectedly, it automatically restarts.
- (new) On the eCommerce Sales screen, enter additional information about the order in the Notes field.
- (new) On the Work Order Details screen, check Warranty to indicate the repair is due to an issue which requires a replacement from the manufacturer. On the Service Center screen, check Warranty to display these repairs.
- (fixed) (multi-store retailers) Performance for inventory quantity updates in large stores is improved.
- (fixed) (Chase users) When an Ingenico payment terminal is
installed but disconnects during a payment, Ascend does not “freeze”/become unresponsive.
Sherpa tip: When the payment terminal is reconnected, return to the Ascend Desktop to reestablish the device connection.
- (fixed) When adding or editing a user, copying an existing user’s permissions (Permissions tab > Copy User > select a user instead of a template list) includes the Maximum Discount value.
- (fixed) When opening a work order from the Service Center screen, Ascend does not “freeze”/become unresponsive when opening a work order as a different user.
February 2021 Beta 2
Software 21.1.39 / Database Schema 86 (change from February 2020 Beta 1)
Ingenico iSC Touch 250 Device Configuration: 20.1.1 / Firmware: 126.96.36.199 (no change from February 2020 Beta 1)
Ingenico Lane 7000 Device Configuration: 20.3.2 / Firmware: 6.81.5 (no change from February 2020 Beta 1)
Release Date: December 9, 2020
- (new) Use the RPM Accuracy report to review how well your
store adhered to key Ascend retail best practices over the past 30 days.
Click the toggle button (double square icon) to display the point value for
the metric and further insight into the calculation.
Sherpa tip: On the Analytics page, users can also click the target icon on the Retail Profit Machine metric to access this report. This report reloads nightly.
- (new) Use the Time Clock report to review employees’ hours worked and export them as a spreadsheet for easy import into payroll software.
Ascend RMS Client
- (new) Progress “spinner” dialog boxes cannot be closed. These automatically close when Ascend finishes processing information.
- (fixed) Performance is improved when managing or searching for customers when there are large gaps in customer Account Numbers.
- (fixed) (multi-store retailers) Performance for processing transfers is improved when there are a large number of transfer items.
- (UK/Australia only) (fixed) In the Discount Calculator dialog box, sale items are discounted correctly when multiple VAT rates are active.
February 2021 Beta 1
Software 21.1.8 / Database Schema 85 (no change from November 2020 Beta 3)
Ingenico iSC Touch 250 Device Configuration: 20.1.1 / Firmware: 188.8.131.52 (no change from November 2020 Beta 3)
Ingenico Lane 7000 Device Configuration: 20.3.2 / Firmware: 6.81.5 (no change from November 2020 Beta 3)
Release Date: November 11, 2020
Ascend RMS Client
- (fixed) (Trek dealers) When a serial number was assigned to a sales item which was removed (hidden), registration information is sent to Trek when it is later sold.
- (fixed) (multi-store retailers) Performance for product sharing is improved.
- (fixed) (Chase users) Firmware/configuration updates for the Ingenico payment processing device can be completed.