September 2020 Beta 3
Software 20.3.107 / Database Schema 84 (change from September 2020 Beta 2)
Ingenico Device Configuration: 20.1.1 / Firmware: 18.104.22.168 (no change from September 2020 Beta 2)
Release Date: July 22, 2020
- (new) On an eCommerce payment, PayPal and Stripe are included in the Card Type dropdown. (QuickBooks users) These payment types are included in General Ledger Summary (IIF) file export.
- (new) On the Work Order Details screen:
a. The dialog box can be resized.
b. Select the Inspection tab to record assessments and recommendations service technicians made on the customer’s bike. Click the Customer (avatar icon)/Mechanic (wrench icon) button to toggle field order. Click the Email button to send a copy of the form (as a PDF file) to the customer and/or click the Print button to print a full-page copy of the form.
Sherpa tip: Email and print versions of this form do not use receipt options. This form can also be accessed outside a transaction from the Service Center screen > Inspection button (on the toolbar).
c. Select the History tab to view past Multi-Point Inspections completed for the customer’s repair item.
- (fixed) (multi-store retailers) Performance for customer sharing is improved.
- (fixed) (multi-store retailers) When Options > General > Import Only New Products for Vendors is checked, only products which were added (not all products) are uploaded for sharing.
- (fixed) (Chase users) Performance for the Sale Summary display on the Ingenico payment terminal is improved.
September 2020 Beta 2
Software 20.3.62 / Database Schema 83 (no change from September 2020 Beta 1)
Ingenico Device Configuration: 20.1.1 / Firmware: 22.214.171.124 (no change from September 2020 Beta 1)
Release Date: July 1, 2020
- (fixed) On Reports > Sales by Category, products which are in stock but were not sold during the selected dates only display when Include Inventory with No Sales is checked.
Ascend RMS Client
- (new) eCommerce exports (uploads) happen overnight and every
two hours during the day. SmartEtailing processes inventory changes between
8:00 am and 6:00 pm US Pacific time, and processes all other product changes
and/or additions at 2:00 am US Pacific time.
Sherpa tip: Manual exports are no longer available.
- (new) When an eCommerce sale is imported (downloaded) and the customer’s Shipping Address entered on the order does not match their record in Ascend, their record in your system updates to match the eCommerce order.
- (new) In eCommerce transactions (created via Ascend Desktop > View menu > eCommerce Sales), the payment method selected on the order displays in the transaction Comments field.
- (new) (US only) When adding ad images to the Ingenico payment terminal, the progress bar displays the status in the process.
- (fixed) (US only) Workstations with a connected Ingenico payment terminal do not repeatedly prompt for an update when no update is available.
- (fixed) When a sale item is removed from a Layaway or unfinished Work Order, its COGS is calculated into the product’s Average Cost value.
- (fixed) On the Inventory > Inventory Event Details report, products display when they were scanned in multiple Events during the selected date range.
- (fixed) In Work Order Details, the selected Space
becomes available when the repair is removed (Hidden is checked).
Sherpa tip: Spaces on repairs removed prior to update may remain unavailable.
- (fixed) (multi-store retailers) Performance for product sharing is improved.
September 2020 Beta 1
Software 20.3.27 / Database Schema 83 (change from May 2020 Beta 6)
Ingenico Device Configuration: 20.1.1 / Firmware: 126.96.36.199 (no change from May 2020 Beta 6)
Release Date: June 11, 2020
(US/Canada only) Several new features in May 2020 require our support team to manually migrate your data to the new platform. If you haven't updated to the May 2020 Beta 6 release (version 20.2.176), schedule a time with us to get your store(s) updated.
Ascend RMS Client
- (fixed) Work orders can be created after updating the Ingenico payment device.
- (fixed) Payment totals display correctly on paid-in-full transactions after updating the Ingenico payment device.
- (fixed) When making a Credit or Debit card payment from the Payment on Account screen, the Ingencio payment device displays the appropriate payment prompts.
- (fixed) When creating an Inventory Adjustment for a product that does not have an Average Cost value (or $0.00), the product’s Last Cost is automatically entered in the Unit Cost field. If Last Cost is not available (or $0.00), Estimated Cost is used.