January 2020 Beta 4
Software 20.1.106 / Database Schema 76 (change from January 2020 Beta 3)
Ingenico Device Configuration: 17.3.1 / Firmware: 184.108.40.206 (no change from January 2020 Beta 3)
Release Date: December 11, 2019
- (new) Category assignments update every night. Reports > Sales By Category displays results for correct categories.
- (fixed) Sales information is included when the transaction was finished (closed) in the current or previous year, even if it was created much earlier.
Ascend RMS Client
- (new) Use Reports > Inventory > Inventory Event Details to view details on every product which was reconciled from Inventory Events which were reconciled in the selected date range; this report includes quantity scanned, inventory quantity before reconciling, adjusted inventory quantity after reconciling, and value change.
- (new) When a Reservation is cancelled (using the Cancel button), it is removed (hidden) with Status Cancelled.
- (new) Users cannot access Reconcile Inventory from the Inventory Center screen if they do not have the System Tools user permission.
- (new) On the Work Order Details dialog box, unchecking Completed allows the user to enter a Start Date.
- (new) On the Service Center screen, the Work Order Detail which is currently being edited remains selected while entering Internal Notes/Transaction Comments and when changes are saved.
- (fixed) (multi-store retailers) When another location’s information changes, other locations receive the changes.
- (fixed) Serialized sale items cannot have a quantity greater
than one on ANY transaction, including Quotes. If a serialized item was
previously added to a Quote with a quantity greater than one, the item is split
onto multiple items with quantity of one each when it is converted to a Sale.
Inventory adjusts accordingly.
Sherpa tip: If you believe a product was affected by this issue, contact the Ascend Support Team for assistance.
- (fixed) Reports > Inventory > Inventory Event displays correct reconciliation values.
- (fixed) When a Case Quantity item is special ordered, the
sale item quantity remains unchanged when the item is added to a Vendor Order.
For other special order items, changing the order item quantity also adjusts
the sale item quantity. Inventory adjusts accordingly if quantity changes and
when the item is received.
Sherpa tip: To determine whether your store was affected by this issue, download and run the October 2019 Hotfix update queries; contact the Ascend Support Team for assistance resolving discrepancies caused by this issue.
- (fixed) Case Quantity items on a Vendor Order cannot be split. For other order items, the items cannot be split a second time in the current session (e.g. if the order item has a quantity of five and is split into order items with quantities of three and two, the Vendor Order must be saved before the new order items can be split to quantities of one).
- (fixed) Performance on the Reconcile Inventory screen is improved. This screen can be accessed when a large number of in-store products exist in your system.
January 2020 Beta 3
Software 20.1.70 / Database Schema 75 (change from January 2020 Beta 2)
Ingenico Device Configuration: 17.3.1 / Firmware: 220.127.116.11 (no change from January 2020 Beta 2)
Release Date: November 20, 2019
Ascend RMS Client
- (new) On the Reservation
Center or within a Reservation,
click the Cancel button to remove
all Rental Items, remove the Rental Charges item from the linked Rental
transaction, and remove (hide) the Reservation.
Sherpa tip: If the Rental Items are Checked Out, the Reservations – Override permission is required to cancel the Reservation. Reservation Items are checked back in.
- (new) On the Work
Order Details dialog box:
a. Enter a Start Date if the customer’s repair does not require immediate attention and work can begin at a later date.
Sherpa tip: Work Order Turnaround metrics still calculate based on the date the Work Order Detail was created – this will be addressed in a future release.
b. Click the star icon to mark the repair as Important.
c. The Internal Notes field is larger to accommodate additional text.
- (new) On the Service
a. Start Date can be added to the displayed columns.
b. Click the Edit button (pencil icon) next to Internal Notes and/or Transaction Comments to toggle the ability to enter additional notes on or off. When finished, click the Save button (arrow icon) to add them to the transaction or Work Order Detail.
- (fixed) On a Reservation, checking in a single Rental Item changes the Reservation’s status to Checked Out.
January 2020 Beta 2
Software 20.1.46 / Database Schema 73 (change from January 2020 Beta 1)
Ingenico Device Configuration: 17.3.1 / Firmware: 18.104.22.168 (no change from January 2020 Beta 1)
Release Date: November 6, 2019
After updating your server computer, you may need to restart the Ascend Agent service.
Ascend RMS Client
- (new) Use the Inventory
Center to manage inventory count Events
(e.g. full-store physical inventories, cycle count schedules), track section completion
status, and automatically detect differences in scan and piece count values. Connect
a Unitech EA500Plus scanner with AscendScan 4.0 to:
a. Wirelessly sync product information and automatically import completed section scan files.
b. Scan serial numbers, UPCs, or in-store SKUs to record a product’s quantity.
c. Enter piece (physical item) counts for completed sections while on the sales floor.
d. Receive immediate notification when a scanned barcode is not recognized.
e. Prevent employees from scanning duplicate sections.
f. View, edit, and remove items previously scanned in a session.
g. Confirm product information and pricing while on the sales floor.
h. Keep track of your inventory’s status while on the sales floor.
i. In the Inventory Center, keep track of scanners in use.
Sherpa tip: Older inventory scanners (e.g. MC2180) can be used with the Inventory Center, but cannot have AscendScan 4.0 installed. Features such as wireless syncing, serial number scans, scan session editing, and Event Dashboard are not available. Scan files can be imported and piece counts can be entered manually.
j. Use Reports > Inventory > Inventory Event to view your Inventory Event history, including status on incomplete Events; this report includes the date the Reconcile was completed, number of products Reconciled (regardless of whether quantity was changed), beginning and end quantity and total cost, and total quantity and cost change.
- (new) Use Reports > Work Orders > TCS Technician Efficiency to compare your technicians’ productivity; this report includes Total Labor Dollars, Percentage of Total (labor dollars), and Labor $/Hrs. Worked.
- (new) Use Reports > Reservations > Rental Inventory to view cost and quantity information on your itemized rental fleet.
- (new) When a Rental Item is sold from a Reservation, the converted in-store item is added to the Rental transaction.
- (new) Use Reports > Reservations > Rental Fleet Movement to track when Rental Items were received and/or converted to in-store inventory.
- (fixed) Users are not incorrectly alerted that the Ascend Agent is down when the Ascend.Rms.Agent Windows Service is running.
- (fixed) (multi-store retailers) When a new location is added, it is automatically active (i.e. not removed/hidden) at all locations.
- (fixed) In the Work Order Details dialog box, clicking the Check Availability button does not change the Due Date on existing work orders.
- (fixed) On a Vendor Order, quantities do not change when the same product is added as multiple line items.
January 2020 Beta 1
Software 20.1.6 / Database Schema 72 (no change from October 2019 Beta 5)
Ingenico Device Configuration: 17.3.1 / Firmware: 22.214.171.124 (no change from October 2019 Beta 5)
Release Date: October 22, 2019
WINDOWS 7 IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED.
This version CANNOT be installed on Windows 7 computers. If your server computer is running a current version of Windows, it will be able to update to January 2020, but any workstations on Windows 7 cannot update. Once updated, server PCs cannot be rolled back to previous versions of Ascend, and your Windows 7 workstations may be unusable.
Check our minimum hardware requirements to ensure your store continues running smoothly.
- (new) On Reports > Sales Team Analysis, Sales/Hour displays the total sales dollars divided by the total number of hours worked (as recorded in Ascend’s Time Clock utility).
- (new) On Reports,
click the Export button to save the
displayed results as an XLSX file. On
Reports > Sales by Category, export category and product (SKU) values separately.
Sherpa tip: Exports save to the Downloads folder specified in your browser settings. Percentage values do not display the percentage sign. Categories are not nested – parent and child categories display at the same level.
Ascend RMS Client
- (new) (multi-store retailers) In Database Explorer > Locations, locations which are no longer supported (e.g. closed) are removed (hidden).
- (fixed) (Trek retailers) When a product does not have a SKU or vendor Part Number value, it is excluded from APPLE label updates.