June 2019 Beta 5
Software 19.2.224 / Database Schema 69 (change from June 2019 Beta 4)
Ingenico Device Configuration: 17.3.1 / Firmware: 188.8.131.52 (no change from June 2019 Beta 4)
Release Date: May 21, 2019
- (fixed) On Reports > Sales By Category, the Show SKUs button displays results when products do not have a UPC. (multi-store retailers) When multiple locations have sold the same product, it only displays once.
- (fixed) When viewing on a mobile device, the menu is not displayed until the user selects it. It is closed when the user clicks elsewhere on the page.
Ascend RMS Client
- (new) Serial Number records can be created for Rental Products.
These records display in Database
Explorer > Serialization and Database Explorer > Reservations > Rental Products > Serial
Numbers tab, but do not display in the Select
Serial Number dialog box in transactions or on the Serial Numbers tab on a product record. In Database Explorer > Serialization,
click the Rental button (on the
toolbar) to toggle whether or not serial numbers for rental items are displayed
in search results.
Sherpa tip: This button is toggled off by default (serial numbers for rental items do not display).Serial numbers cannot be entered for Non-Itemized Rental Products.
- (new) On the Sales
Item dialog box, click the pencil icon next to the Serial Number field to edit the selected serial number.
Sherpa tip: Any user with the Sales – Edit permission can edit a serial number using this method – no Serialization permissions are required.
- (new) Serial Number records cannot be manually created with
a Serial Number of Not Assigned.
Sherpa tip: These records are automatically created when a serialized item is received on a Vendor Order, but no serial number is entered.
- (new) On the Remote
Product Lookup dialog box in a transaction:
a. Search text entered on the Transaction screen remains in the Search field.
b. By default, Remote Inventory Only is checked.
c. Closed locations do not display.
d. Click the Request Product and Add to Sale button to request a transfer from another location, associate the customer with the transfer item, and add the product to the transaction.
e. Double-click a product to edit it.
f. When a category is selected, products in child categories are included in results.
g. Locations display in descending order by Qty (locations with the most items in stock display at the top).
h. Additional product information displays.
- (fixed) When using in-cell editing in transactions (Options > Sales and Returns > Allow In-Cell Editing is checked), quantity changes always prompt for special order if the current stock is insufficient.
- (fixed) In a Vendor Order, no error displays when the user chooses whether or not to notify the customer about a special order received.
June 2019 Beta 4
Software 19.2.181 / Database Schema 68 (no change from June 2019 Beta 3)
Ingenico Device Configuration: 17.3.1 / Firmware: 184.108.40.206 (no change from June 2019 Beta 3)
Release Date: April 30, 2019
- (new) On Reports > Sales By Category, click the Show SKUs button to display the products sold in that category. In the Filter field, search for products by description, UPC, or SKU.
Ascend RMS Client
- (fixed) To add or modify an Inventory Adjustment Type, users must have the Inventory Adjustment Types – Edit user permission.
- (fixed) A maximum of 255 characters (including spaces) can be entered for Inventory Adjustment Type.
- (fixed) Inventory Adjustment Types cannot use the same name as another Type, even if it is removed (hidden).
- (fixed) The Inventory Adjustment Types Other and Rental cannot be renamed or removed.
- (fixed) (multi-store retailers) On the eCommerce Sales screen, new customers added from an order are shared with other locations.
- (fixed) In a Vendor Order, all items received by the case (products with Case Quantity configured) can be received by scanning their UPC after splitting multiple items.
June 2019 Beta 3
Software 19.2.145 / Database Schema 68 (change from June 2019 Beta 2)
Ingenico Device Configuration: 17.3.1 / Firmware: 220.127.116.11 (no change from June 2019 Beta 2)
Release Date: April 16, 2019
- (new) Users can be given access to multiple stores.
Sherpa tip: If you wish to give your vendors’ sales representatives access to Ascend HQ for your store, they must be set up as a user in your system.
- (fixed) When metrics are loading, an indicator displays until the results are fully retrieved.
Ascend RMS Client
- (new) When a customer is purchasing a Trek bike for someone
else, click the Select Customer
(magnifying glass) icon on the Trek
Registration dialog box to choose a different Owner.
Sherpa tip: If no customer has been chosen for the transaction, the selected Owner is automatically assigned to the transaction.
- (new) When accessing a Vendor Order which was previously received in full, the Update Vendor Order dialog box does not display if the user clicks Save, and shipping cannot be entered after the order is complete.
- (new) (multi-store retailers) When an order item is transferred to another location from the Vendor Order screen, it is automatically marked Picked when it is received.
- (new) Rental Items can be received on a Vendor Order. When receiving order items, check Rental – if the product does not match
an existing Rental Product, the Rental
Product Mapper displays (multi-store retailers) Select a location in the Transfer To column to send the Rental
Item to that location.
Sherpa tip: All items must be mapped before closing the Rental Product Mapper.
- (fixed) When a Trek serialized item is added to a quote, the
Trek Registration dialog box does
Sherpa tip: Users are prompted to register products when a quote is converted to a sale.
- (fixed) In Database Explorer > Users, Gender can be added to the displayed columns.
June 2019 Beta 2
Software 19.2.82 / Database Schema 67 (change from June 2019 Beta 1)
Ingenico Device Configuration: 17.3.1 / Firmware: 18.104.22.168 (no change from June 2019 Beta 1)
Release Date: April 2, 2019
Ascend RMS Client
- (new) On the Select Customer dialog box, select Super Search to search multiple customer fields.
- (fixed) (multi-store retailers) On a User record, checking or unchecking a location on the Locations tab activates or deactivates the user at that location.
- (fixed) When a customer exists in your system without a last name, users can search Database Explorer > Reservations by Last Name.
June 2019 Beta 1
Software 19.2.36 / Database Schema 66 (change from March 2019 Beta 6)
Ingenico Device Configuration: 17.3.1 / Firmware: 22.214.171.124 (no change from March 2019 Beta 6)
Release Date: March 19, 2019
- (new) On the login screen, click the Forgot Password? link to reset your account via email.
- (fixed) (multi-store retailers) When a user does not have access to another location(s) (the location is unchecked on the user record > Locations tab), All Locations values only include the location(s) to which the user has access.
Ascend RMS Client
- (new) In Database
Explorer > Inventory Adjustment
Types, create custom reasons for manual inventory adjustments.
Sherpa tip: (multi-store retailers) Custom Inventory Adjustment Types are unique to each location and must be created separately at each location.
- (new) In the Category Mapper screen, click the Undo button to revert the last category assignment you made and/or click the pencil icon to edit the selected product.
- (fixed) (multi-store retailers) When a customer is edited at another location, their In-Store Credit and/or Gift Certificate balances are not reset.
- (fixed) When a customer previously had a Gender selected, select Select One to clear the value.
- (fixed) In the Select Customer dialog box, a new customer can be added after searching by Company.