March 2019 Beta 3
Software 19.1.86 / Database Schema 63 (change from March 2019 Beta 2)
Ingenico Device Configuration: 17.3.1 / Firmware: 22.214.171.124 (no change from March 2019 Beta 2)
Release Date: January 23, 2019
Ascend RMS Client
- (new) (multi-store retailers) On the Check-In Transfers screens, click the Print Receipts button to print receipts for special order transfers.
a. Print Receipts – All: Print a receipt for each transfer item which is associated with a special order.
b. Print Receipts – Selected: Print a receipt only for transfer items which are currently selected (highlighted).
c. Print Receipts – When Received: Automatically print a receipt as soon as a transfer item which is associated with a special order is checked in.
- (new) (multi-store retailers) In the Batch Transfers screen, serial numbers can be included in scan
files. Check Assign Serial Numbers to
existing Transfer Items to assign serial numbers in a file to transfer items
which already exist; uncheck this option to create a new transfer item for each
- (new) When a reservation item is still checked out on
another Reservation, users can choose to “force” a check-in of the previous item
and check the item out on a new Reservation. If a rental item is currently
marked as Out of Service, users can
choose to mark the item Available and
check it out on a new Reservation.
- (fixed) (multi-store retailers) When a serialized order item
is transferred from the Vendor Order
screen, the serial number remains associated with the transfer item.
- (fixed) The Activity
Summary report does not time out when there are a large number of
categories in your system.
March 2019 Beta 2
Software 19.1.55 / Database Schema 62 (no change from March 2019 Beta 1)
Ingenico Device Configuration: 17.3.1 / Firmware: 126.96.36.199 (no change from March 2019 Beta 1)
Release Date: January 9, 2019
- (new) In the Reports
section, use the Sales By Category report
to view your sales information for all of your categories. View your totals by
parent category only, or expand them to view any child category.
- (new) Select a custom date range for your reports and metrics.
Ascend RMS Client
- (fixed) When registering a Trek bike:
a. The Trek Care Registration dialog box always displays after adding the sale item.
b. Right-click the sale item (or select the Products menu) and select Trek Care Registration to edit registration information or complete a registration that was previously cancelled.
- (fixed) When the Credit
Memo payment type is hidden, refunds applied to it are included in General
Ledger Summary exports for QuickBooks® (IIF
- (fixed) The Rental
Charges product for reservations cannot be removed (hidden) or merged with
- (fixed) When exiting the Reservation Center screen, tiles on the Ascend Desktop do not resize.
March 2019 Beta 1
Software 19.1.35 / Database Schema 62 (change from December 2018 Beta 6)
Ingenico Device Configuration: 17.3.1 / Firmware: 188.8.131.52 (no change from December 2018 Beta 6)
Release Date: December 18, 2018
This update may require the computer to restart during the installation – no warning or prompt displays.
Close all other programs before beginning this update.
If your server is running Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or earlier, contact the support team to schedule your upgrade to a current version of SQL Server. Previous versions of Microsoft SQL Server are not supported, and may cause errors to occur with newer versions of Ascend.
- (new) Ascend HQ provides you with a cloud-based portal to
manage your store from anywhere, whether it’s on your laptop, smartphone, or tablet.
View your current sales overviews and other key metrics at any time of the day.
Sherpa tip: In order to send data to Ascend HQ, the Ascend program must be running on your server computer, and at least one user must have logged in (using the Logout Inactive Desktop option is acceptable).
To get set up after updating:
1. (multi-store retailers) ALL of your locations (including any Events, Warehouse, or Online locations) must be updated to this version of Ascend before you can start using Ascend HQ.
2. For all users you wish to have access, give the user the Reporting - Ascend HQ permission and enter the email address they will use to log in.
3. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your shop name to request access.
4. Our team will get your data migrated and let you know when we’re done. At that point, we’ll also send you instructions on setting up accounts for your team.
Sherpa tip: Migration may take up to five business days (Monday – Thursday, excluding US holidays).
Ascend RMS Client
- (new) On the Service
a. Each special order status (Not Ordered, Ordered, and Received) displays as a column. If a transaction contains items with multiple special order statuses, each applicable status is marked. Hold the mouse cursor over the status icon to display the sale items in that status.
Sherpa Tip: User grid customizations share across all workstations in your store. Current customizations reset upon upgrade, but all future customizations are retained.
b. The work order state selection (All/Due/Ready) is more visibly highlighted.
c. The customer Phone and Phone 2 columns can be added.
- (new) When searching for customers by phone or fax number, punctuation
(dashes, parentheses, etc.) is not required. When searching by phone number, results
from both Phone and Phone 2 display.
- (fixed) In Database
Explorer, the cursor automatically defaults to the Search field when changing topics.
- (fixed) In a user record, users cannot type in the Gender field.
- (fixed) Layaways
cannot be merged with Quotes.
- (fixed) When the computer has a large monitor, extra text
does not display on the screen.