June 2021 Beta 3
Software 21.2.103 / Database Schema 91 (change from June 2021 Beta 2)
Ingenico iSC Touch 250 Device Configuration: 20.1.1 / Firmware: 220.127.116.11 (no change from June 2021 Beta 2)
Ingenico Lane 7000 Device Configuration: 20.3.3 / Firmware: 6.81.5 (no change from June 2021 Beta 2)
Release Date: April 7, 2021
- (new) On the Time Clock report, records longer than 24 hours do not display.
- (new) Use the Service Team Analysis report to assess your mechanics’ and service center’s performance.
- (fixed) Column and report names display correctly when a new version is released.
Ascend RMS Client
- (new) In a Vendor Order, click the Apply button
(on the toolbar) to save all changes without exiting the order.
Sherpa tip: Any order item with Rec’d checked is received. Verify costs and other order item information before saving any order.
- (new) Email addresses which do not end in .com, .net, .org, .gov, or .edu can be entered.
- (new) (multi-store retailers) On the Check-In/Check-Out
a. The Location column displays the store which requested the transfer item or where the transfer item was sent.
b. Use the Date field to view only transfer items created on the selected date.
- (new) For eCommerce sales using the Locally platform:
a. For orders paid in full online (BOPIS), the transaction Comments field displays Total Amount Paid Online (total payment collected for products and taxes).
b. For orders reserved online (ROPIS), taxes calculate correctly.
c. Sale items for serialized items split so that each line item’s Quantity is 1.
- (fixed) (multi-store retailers) On the Check-Out Transfers screens, inventory does not adjust and transfer status does not change for Picked or Denied transfer items when the Agent service experiences connection issues.
- (new) On the Ascend Desktop, click the Replacement
Wizard tile to adjust product information when a manufacturer/supplier carries
over a model into a new model year but changes their product information (new Part
Number, UPC, etc.).
Sherpa tip: Update vendor/supplier products with the new model year information prior to using this feature.
a. Update order items on open Vendor Orders which are being replaced by the new model.
b. Update special ordered sale items which are being replaced by the new model. Keep the originally promised price, or update with the new product’s MSRP.
c. Email, Export (in CSV format), or Print a copy of the replacement summary.
June 2021 Beta 2
Software 21.2.68 / Database Schema 90 (change from June 2021 Beta 1)
Ingenico iSC Touch 250 Device Configuration: 20.1.1 / Firmware: 18.104.22.168 (no change from June 2021 Beta 1)
Ingenico Lane 7000 Device Configuration: 20.3.3 / Firmware: 6.81.09 (no change from June 2021 Beta 1)
Release Date: March 17, 2021
- (new) The Analytics > Retail Profit Machine (RPM) metric displays correctly when the browser window is not maximized.
Ascend RMS Client
- (new) (multi-store retailers) On the Check-In/Check-Out Transfers screen, more than 10,000 results can display. Scroll to display the next page of 1,000 results.
- (new) Sales tax calculates correctly when multiple VAT rates are active.
- (new) (Trek dealers) When updates are sent for APPLE labels,
the following character limits apply:
a. Description: Up to 60 alphanumeric characters (including spaces) display.
b. Part Number: Up to 25 alphanumeric characters (including spaces) display.
c. SKU: Up to 15 alphanumeric characters (including spaces) display.
d. Items on open orders older than two years are not included.
- (new) On the Work Order Details dialog box, Due Dates selected using the View Availability button do not change when Est. Time changes (either manually or by adding/removing sale items). If the adjusted Est. Time exceeds the time available for the Due Date selected, the user is prompted to confirm the Due Date.
- (new) (Chase users) When selling a gift card, customers are not prompted to confirm the return on the Ingenico payment terminal.
- (new) (multi-store retailers) On the Reconcile Inventory screen, transfers requested for customers (special order transfers) display in the Transfer column and are automatically calculated into the New Qty column.
- (US/Canada only) (new) eCommerce integration using Locally is available.
a. In Options > eCommerce Import, select Locally from the provider dropdown and enter your Locally Store ID.
b. Accept, cancel, and process customer orders (buy or reserve online and store pick up) in the eCommerce Sales screen.
Sherpa tip: Locally collects and pays local sales tax(es) on your behalf. Sales tax is not included in Ascend transactions. Customer orders must be acknowledged (accepted or rejected) within four business hours (based on your hours of operation configured on Locally) of the time the order is placed.
c. Sync inventory and pricing via scheduled report.
- (new) On a Reservation, Pending values for rental items do not display.
- (fixed) (Chase-integrated retailers) When an error occurs
during NFC (“contactless”) payment processing:
a. The Payment dialog box remains open.
b. Ascend does not “freeze”/become unresponsive.
- (fixed) On the eCommerce Sales screen, right-click a column header and select Column Chooser to display hidden fields.
- (fixed) On the Items to Order dialog box, the Special Order Items pane does not “hide” the Export button. Files can be exported in either PDF or CSV format.
- (fixed) On the Items to Order dialog box, multiple customer special orders cannot be mapped to the same order item.
- (fixed) When a VAT exception is applied, sale item discounts calculate correctly.
June 2021 Beta 1
Software 21.2.26 / Database Schema 89 (change from February 2021 Beta 5)
Ingenico iSC Touch 250 Device Configuration: 20.1.1 / Firmware: 22.214.171.124 (no change from February 2021 Beta 5)
Ingenico Lane 7000 Device Configuration: 20.3.3 / Firmware: 6.81.09 (change from February 2021 Beta 5)
Release Date: February 24, 2021
(US only) For best performance, we recommend updating the driver for your Ingenico payment terminal to the latest version. This update is not automatic – see the Update the Ingenico payment terminal driver article to learn how to run this update.
(US only) The Ingenico firmware update may take up to an hour
to complete on each device. Do not unplug your payment terminal until the Firmware
Update Complete prompt displays.
Be sure to restart Ascend after updating the Ingenico payment terminal.
- (new) In Settings > Goals, configure target
values for the Analytics > Retail Profit Machine (RPM) metric.
Sherpa tip: On the metric card, click the toggle button (double square icon) to view local benchmark values to use for goals.
Ascend RMS Client
- (fixed) Workstations cannot update to a new version of
Ascend if the server is not yet updated.
- (fixed) On a Vendor Order:
a. Select the Tools menu > Remove Customer Association to clear the special order or manual customer association assigned to an order item.
b. The Location in Store column (available in the Column Chooser) displays a value when the corresponding field is entered on the product record.
- (fixed) The log files for the Ascend.Rms.Agent service are not unnecessarily duplicated and do not use excessive amounts of hard drive space.
- (fixed) When the SMS message for special orders is customized (in Options > Services > SMS Setup button > Special Order tab), all placeholder Tags are replaced with the appropriate values.
- (fixed) In Database Explorer > Inventory Adjustments, Inventory Adjustment records display the correct Type.