Our Support Team uses TeamViewer to connect with you. You can download a temporary TeamViewer file from our website or from Ascend itself.
Download TeamViewer from Ascend
1. Select the Help menu > Remote Assistance... from the Ascend desktop.
2. A new browser tab opens that says "Loading TeamViewer now..."
For some browsers, the file doesn't starting loading right away - it goes to your Downloads folder. Check the bottom of the window for a gray downloads bar (in Google Chrome) or check the upper right corner for a blue downloads arrow (Firefox).
3. If needed, double-click the TeamViewer file in Downloads to open it.
4. Once the file runs, a temporary TeamViewer session will be created.
5. Tell the Support Tech what your assigned name and session code is.
6. The Support Tech will send you a request to see your screen. Select Accept.
Download TeamViewer from the AscendRMS.com website
1. Open your web browser and navigate to www.ascendrms.com.
2. The upper right corner, select the circle icon with two arrows in it.
3. This opens the same browser in TeamViewer.
4. Follow steps 2-6 above.
What if I have TeamViewer installed on my computer?
1. Open your TeamViewer.
a. You can do this by selecting the Start icon on your computer, and typing TeamViewer.
b. Then select the TeamViewer program.
2. Tell the Support Tech your ID and Password.
What if I follow your directions and get the message "another instance of TeamViewer is already running"?
This generally means that TeamViewer is already installed on your computer. Just click Show running TeamViewer and give the tech your ID and Password.
If this doesn't work, you can try searching for the installed instance.
1. You can do this by selecting the Start icon on your computer, and typing TeamViewer.
2. If TeamViewer 10, 11, or 12 appear in the results, it's installed on the Computer. Go to the section above.
If TeamViewer is not installed on your computer:
1. Look at the area by the sound and date and time stamp on your computer. There should be an up arrow icon. Click it!
2. This opens a box with more icons. Look for the blue box with a white circle and blue arrows in it. Right-click on the box.
3. Select Exit TeamViewer from the dropdown menu.
This closes all open TeamViewer session on your computer, and you should be able to download a new session of TeamViewer without any issues.
FAQs and Troubleshooting
Q: Can I start TeamViewer without leaving Ascend?
A: Yes! After a Support Tech asks to connect to your computer, select Help > Remote Assistance from the Ascend desktop.
Q: Should I fill in my name on the TeamViewer application?
A: No; TeamViewer will assign a name for your session (usually based on the name of the computer you are using).
Otherwise, you should create a unique name based on your shop and the station you're troubleshooting. This makes it easy for our Support Techs to identify your computer in our queue.
Q: Will the Ascend support team be able to access my computer anytime now?
A: No; Your confirmation is needed anytime a connection is made. And, once your support session is complete, we securely disconnect from your computer. This removes all rtemotre viewing and access options from our team.
You can also delete the TeamViewer download anytime!