January 2020 Early Release 2
Software 20.1.144 / Database Schema 77 (no change from January 2020 Early Release 1)
Ingenico Device Configuration: 17.3.1 / Firmware: 220.127.116.11 (no change from January 2020 Early Release 1)
Release Date: January 15, 2020
- (new) On the Analytics screen, use the Retail
Profit Machine metric to view average
bike price, average
bike add-on dollars, sales per hour, and email capture rate values
at a glance. Toggle the metric to display benchmark values.
Sherpa tip: Additional values will be added in future releases.
- (new) On Reports > Sales Team Analysis, the
Customer Data Capture metrics display statistics on how consistently
salespeople collect customers’ contact information.
Sherpa tip: Transactions with no sale items (e.g. gift card/certificate sales) are not included.
Ascend RMS Client
- (fixed) (Chase users) EMV (chipped) American Express credit cards can be processed using the Ingenico payment terminal.
- (fixed) In Database Explorer > Customers, the History tab displays when a transaction is out of balance.
January 2020 Early Release 1
Software 20.1.140 / Database Schema 77 (change from October 2019 Early Release 3)
Ingenico Device Configuration: 17.3.1 / Firmware: 18.104.22.168 (no change from October 2019 Early Release 3)
Release Date: January 8, 2020
WINDOWS 7 IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED.
This version cannot be installed on Windows 7 computers. If your server computer is running a current version of Windows, it will be able to update to January 2020, but any workstations on Windows 7 cannot update. Once updated, server PCs cannot be rolled back to previous versions of Ascend, and your Windows 7 workstations will be unusable.
Check our minimum hardware requirements to ensure your store continues running smoothly.
You may be able to upgrade your computer’s operating system using Microsoft’s Windows 10 media creation tool. Be sure to back up your Ascend system AND the entire computer to an external drive before running any upgrades/updates.
After updating your server computer, you may need to restart the Ascend Agent service.
- Sales/Hour (based on Ascend Time Clock values) displays on the Sales Team Analysis report.
- Export report values as an XLSX file.
Ascend RMS Client
- Rental Items sold from a Reservation are automatically added to the associated Rental transaction.
- Cancel Reservations with a single click.
- Enter a Start Date when a work order doesn’t require immediate work.
- Edit Internal Notes for a Work Order Detail or Comments for a transaction directly from the Service Center screen.
- Display sale items on the Ingenico payment terminal.
Full Release Notes
- (new) On Reports > Sales Team Analysis, Sales/Hour displays the total sales dollars divided by the total number of hours worked (as recorded in Ascend’s Time Clock utility).
- (new) On Reports,
click the Export button to save the
displayed results as an XLSX file. On
Reports > Sales by Category, export category and product (SKU) values separately.
Sherpa tip: Exports save to the Downloads folder specified in your browser settings. Percentage values do not display the percentage sign. Categories are not nested – parent and child categories display at the same level.
- (new) Category assignments update every night. Reports > Sales By Category displays results for correct categories.
- (fixed) Sales information is included when the transaction was finished (closed) in the current or previous year, even if it was created much earlier.
Ascend RMS Client
- (new) (multi-store retailers) In Database Explorer > Locations, locations which are no longer supported (e.g. closed) are removed (hidden).
- (new) Use Reports > Reservations > Rental Inventory to view cost and quantity information on your itemized rental fleet.
- (new) When a Rental Item is sold from a Reservation, the converted in-store item is added to the Rental transaction.
- (new) Use Reports > Reservations > Rental Fleet Movement to track when Rental Items were received and/or converted to in-store inventory.
- (new) On the Reservation
Center or within a Reservation,
click the Cancel button to remove
all Rental Items, remove the Rental Charges item from the linked Rental
transaction, and remove (hide) the Reservation with Status Cancelled.
Sherpa tip: If the Rental Items are Checked Out, the Reservations – Override permission is required to cancel the Reservation. Reservation Items are checked back in.
- (new) Users cannot access Reconcile Inventory from the Inventory Center screen if they do not have the System Tools user permission.
- (new) On the Work
Order Details dialog box:
a. Enter a Start Date if the customer’s repair does not require immediate attention and work can begin at a later date.
Sherpa tip: Uncheck Completed to enter a Start Date.
Work Order Turnaround metrics still calculate based on the date the Work Order Detail was created – this will be addressed in a future release.
b. Click the star icon to mark the repair as Important.
c. The Internal Notes field is larger to accommodate additional text.
- There’s a lot of text here. Need a break? Are you a dog person, a cat person, or maybe you prefer something else?
- (new) On the Service
a. Start Date can be added to the displayed columns.
b. Click the Edit button (pencil icon) next to Internal Notes and/or Transaction Comments to toggle the ability to enter additional notes on or off. When finished, click the Save button (arrow icon) to add them to the transaction or Work Order Detail.
- (new) (Chase users) The Ingenico payment processing terminal displays all sale items on the current transaction, and the total for each line item.
- (new) Performance on the Reservation Center screen is improved.
- (fixed) (Trek retailers) When a product does not have a SKU or vendor Part Number value, it is excluded from APPLE label updates.
- (fixed) (multi-store retailers) When a new location is added, it is automatically active (i.e. not removed/hidden) at all locations.
- (fixed) On a Reservation, checking in a single Rental Item changes the Reservation’s status to Checked Out.
- (fixed) When the Due Date is changed on a Work Order Detail, the View Availability dialog box always displays the selected date/time (instead of reverting to the next available date/time).
- (fixed) (Chase users) When voiding (removing) a Credit Card payment or printing/reprinting a signature receipt, Ascend does not “freeze”/become unresponsive if there is a problem with the receipt printer.