November 2020 Early Release 1
Software 20.4.94 / Database Schema 85 (change from September 2020 Early Release 3)
Ingenico iSC Touch 250 Device Configuration: 20.1.1 / Firmware: 184.108.40.206 (no change from September 2020 Early Release 3)
Ingenico Lane 7000 Device Configuration: 20.3.2 / Firmware: 6.81.5 (no change from September 2020 Early Release 3)
Release Date: October 21, 2020
- Schedule daily, weekly, or monthly email delivery of the Category Analysis report.
Ascend RMS Client
- (Chase users) We’ve made multiple stability improvements for payment processing with Ingenico payment terminals (iSC Touch 250 or Lane 7000).
- Access all SMS (text) messages sent to a customer (up to the previous 13 months) any time a message is sent.
- Use the MPIs tabs in various areas to view all Multi-Point Inspections previously entered for a customer/bike.
- Use the Email tab to verify previous email messages sent to a customer from the customer record or Customer Panel in a transaction.
- Use the Customers - Import/Export user permission to limit which employees can manage customer information via spreadsheet.
Full Release Notes
- (new) In Settings > Scheduled Reports, configure
automatic email delivery (in XLSX format) for the Category Analysis
Sherpa tip: Only one address can be entered in the Email To field – enter additional email addresses in the CC To field. Separate email addresses in the CC To field with a comma (,) or semicolon (;). In the Subject field, a maximum of 512 characters can be entered.
Ascend RMS Client
- (new) (Chase users) When an Ingenico payment terminal is disconnected
during a payment, the payment is cancelled (or voided) and a warning message displays.
Sherpa tip: When the device is reconnected, return to the Ascend Desktop to reestablish the connection.
- (new) When sending a customer an SMS message, all messages
sent to the customer from this location in the last 30 days display. Click
the Load More Messages button to display messages from the previous six
months, up to a maximum of 13 months. Click the Send New Message
button to create a message.
Sherpa tip: A maximum of 314 characters (including spaces) can be entered.
- (new) In Database Explorer, select the MPIs tab
to display all multi-point Inspections entered for bikes in the following areas:
- (new) On a customer record or the Customer Panel on a
a. Select the MPIs tab to display all multi-point Inspections entered for the customer's bike(s).
b. Select the Email tab to view the date sent, message subject, email address the message was sent from, and email address the message was sent to.
Sherpa tip: Emails sent prior to upgrade are NOT stored.
Hover over the mouse over the Date value to view the time the message was sent.
- (new) When a computer’s Region settings do not match Ascend’s, a warning message displays.
- (new) The Customers - Import/Export user permission allows
employees to manage customers via spreadsheet.
Sherpa tip: This permission is NOT checked for existing users on upgrade. This permission is included in the Administrator List permission template.
- (new) In Reports > Customers, Customers on Mail List and Top Customers by Visits are removed.
- (fixed) The Work Order Details screen does not resize when very long comments are entered in the Internal Notes field.
- (fixed) (multi-store retailers) On a product record, the Last Sold Date for the current location on the Location/General and Multi-Store tabs match.
- (fixed) (multi-store retailers) Inventory value changes share
when workstation dates/times do not match the server computer.
Sherpa tip: Date/time differences between computers can cause many other issues, including errors in payment processing and out-of-balance sales. Configure all computers to set the date/time automatically to prevent any problems.
- (fixed) (Trek dealers) When multiple instances of the same order item (separate line items) exist on a Vendor Order, APPLE price updates do not fail when the order is submitted.
- There’s a lot of text here. Need a break? Are you a dog person, a cat person, or maybe you prefer something else?
- (fixed) When opening a work order from the Service Center screen, Ascend does not “freeze”/become unresponsive.
- (fixed) (Chase users) When taking another Credit or Debit payment after a previous payment failed, Ascend does not “freeze”/become unresponsive.
- (fixed) (Chase users) When an Ingenico payment terminal is
disconnected, Gift Card balances can be checked manually.
Sherpa tip: When the payment terminal is reconnected, return to the Ascend Desktop to reestablish the device connection.
- (fixed) When a customer has unfinished (open/incomplete) transactions, their record cannot be removed (hidden).
- (fixed) Work Order transactions require a customer association.
- (fixed) On the Work Order Details screen:
a. Typing in the Space dropdown automatically scrolls to values beginning with the letter typed. The arrow keys on the keyboard can also be used to navigate values.
b. The next available Due Date is selected regardless of whether the work is assigned to a specific technician or if the Default Work Order Due Time is set later in the day.
- (fixed) (Chase users) (Trek dealers) When a Trek Card payment is processed manually and/or when other credit or debit card payments were made on the transaction, charges are not duplicated.
- (fixed) (Chase users) On the Payment on Account screen, transactions associated with a charge can be opened when the computer has an Ingenico payment terminal connected.
- (fixed) (Chase users) When the computer has an Ingenico payment terminal connected and a new transaction is created after quickly canceling the previous transaction, Ascend does not “freeze”/become unresponsive.
- (fixed) (Chase users) When an NFC payment exceeds $1,499.99 and/or the transaction total exceeds $999,996.99, Ascend does not “freeze”/become unresponsive.
- (fixed) In the Discount Calculator dialog box:
a. Discounts are calculated correctly when the product can be ordered in bulk (Case Qty).
b. Manually applied discounts (price is changed or an amount is entered in the Discount field on the Sales Item dialog box) are not overridden unless the user resets them.