July 2019 Early Release 1
Software 19.2.224 / Database Schema 69 (change from March 2019 Early Release 3)
Ingenico Device Configuration: 17.3.1 / Firmware: 18.104.22.168 (no change from March 2019 Early Release 3)
Release Date: May 21, 2019
- Show SKUs on the Sales By Category report displays all products sold in the category.
Ascend RMS Client
- Mark items in Vendor Orders as Rentals.
- Create custom Inventory Adjustment Types.
- Super Search is available when searching for customers.
- Select a registrant for Trek bikes that is different from the purchaser.
Full Release Notes
- (new) Users can be given access to multiple stores.
Sherpa tip: If you wish to give your vendors’ sales representatives access to Ascend HQ for your store, they must be set up as a user in your system.
- (new) On Reports > Sales By Category, click the Show SKUs button to display the products sold in that category. In the Filter field, search for products by description, UPC, or SKU.
- (fixed) When metrics are loading, an indicator displays until the results are fully retrieved.
Ascend RMS Client
- (new) In Database
Explorer > Inventory Adjustment
Types, create custom reasons for manual inventory adjustments.
Sherpa tip: A maximum of 255 characters (including spaces) can be entered for Inventory Adjustment Type. Inventory Adjustment Types cannot use the same name as another Type, even if it is removed (hidden). The Inventory Adjustment Types Other and Rental cannot be renamed or removed. (multi-store retailers) Custom Inventory Adjustment Types are unique to each location and must be created separately at each location.
- (new) In the Category Mapper screen, click the Undo button to revert the last category assignment you made, click the plus icon to add a new category, and/or click the pencil icon to edit the selected product.
- (new) On the Select Customer dialog box, select Super Search to search multiple customer fields.
- (new) When a customer is purchasing a Trek bike for someone
else, click the Select Customer
(magnifying glass) icon on the Trek
Registration dialog box to choose a different Owner.
Sherpa tip: If no customer has been chosen for the transaction, the selected Owner is automatically assigned to the transaction.
- (new) When accessing a Vendor Order which was previously received in full, the Update Vendor Order dialog box does not display if the user clicks Save, and shipping cannot be entered after the order is complete.
- (new) (multi-store retailers) When an order item is transferred to another location from the Vendor Order screen, it is automatically marked Picked when it is received.
- (new) Rental Items can be received on a Vendor Order. When receiving order items, check Rental – if the product does not match
an existing Rental Product, the Rental
Product Mapper displays (multi-store retailers) Select a location in the Transfer To column to send the Rental
Item to that location.
Sherpa tip: All items must be mapped before closing the Rental Product Mapper. (multi-store retailers) When an order item is marked as both a Rental and Transfer, the History section for the product displays values for Qty. Received, Inventory Adjustment (as Rental), and (Pending) Transfers Out – however, the Transfers value does not affect the in-stock Quantity, so it may appear to cause a discrepancy in your inventory. This is not the case – to investigate differences in your inventory values versus what is actually on your floor, review the adjustment history in Database Explorer > Inventory Adjustments.
- There’s a lot of text here. Need a break? Are you a dog person, a cat person, or maybe you prefer something else?
- (new) Serial Number records cannot be manually created with
a Serial Number of Not Assigned.
Sherpa tip: These records are automatically created when a serialized item is received on a Vendor Order, but no serial number is entered.
- (new) On the Remote
Product Lookup dialog box in a transaction:
a. Search text entered on the Transaction screen remains in the Search field.
b. By default, Remote Inventory Only is checked.
c. Closed locations do not display.
d. Click the Request Product and Add to Sale button to request a transfer from another location, associate the customer with the transfer item, and add the product to the transaction.
e. Double-click a product to edit it.
f. When a category is selected, products in child categories are included in results.
g. Locations display in descending order by Qty (locations with the most items in stock display at the top).
h. Additional product information displays.
- (fixed) (multi-store retailers) When a customer is edited at another location, their In-Store Credit and/or Gift Certificate balances are not reset.
- (fixed) When a customer previously had a Gender selected, select Select One to clear the value.
- (fixed) In the Select Customer dialog box, a new customer can be added after searching by Company.
- (fixed) (multi-store retailers) On a User record, checking or unchecking a location on the Locations tab activates or deactivates the user at that location.
- (fixed) When a customer exists in your system without a last name, users can search Database Explorer > Reservations by Last Name.
- (fixed) When a Trek serialized item is added to a quote, the
Trek Registration dialog box does
Sherpa tip: Users are prompted to register products when a quote is converted to a sale.
- (fixed) In Database Explorer > Users, Gender can be added to the displayed columns.
- (fixed) (multi-store retailers) On the eCommerce Sales screen, new customers added from an order are shared with other locations.
- (fixed) In a Vendor Order, all items received by the case (products with Case Quantity configured) can be received by scanning their UPC after splitting multiple items.