May 2020 Early Release 2
Software 20.3.106 / Database Schema 83 (change from May 2020 Early Release 1)
Ingenico Device Configuration: 20.1.1 / Firmware: 220.127.116.11 (change from May 2020 Early Release 1)
Release Date: May 20, 2020
(US/Canada only) Several new features require our support team to manually migrate your data to the new platform – so, to provide you with the most seamless transition, this release isn’t available to download as normal. Schedule a time with us to get your store updated.
(US only) The Ingenico firmware update may take up to up to an hour to complete on each device. Do not unplug your payment terminal until the Firmware Update Complete prompt displays. Be sure to restart Ascend after updating the Ingenico payment terminal.
- (new) On the Analytics Retail Profit Machine metric:
a. Sales Per Hour includes all employee hours in its calculation.
b. Av. DIS displays values based on the date range you’ve selected.
Ascend RMS Client
- (new) (Chase users) The Ingenico payment processing terminal displays the Subtotal, Shipping, Total Savings, Tax, and Total due (along with all sale items) on the current transaction.
- (new) (Chase users) When processing integrated credit or debit
payments using the Ingenico payment processing terminal:
a. Customers are only prompted to choose Credit or Debit as a payment type regardless of the card issuer. When a customer uses a debit-capable card, Debit displays as the first choice available and is selected by default.
Sherpa tip: Customers can also press the Cancel button on the keypad to process their payment as Credit.
b. Customers may use near-field communication (NFC)-capable payment methods (e.g. Apple Pay, Google Pay, Android Pay, Fitbit Pay, Chase Pay, PayPal, VISA payWave) for purchases.
Sherpa tip: American Express (AMEX) and Discover (DISC) payments cannot be taken via Apple Pay. NFC payments cannot be voided. Depending on the customer’s device settings, authorization (e.g. passcode, fingerprint, Face ID) may not be required for payments under $250. If payment is $250 or more and the customer does not have an authorization method configured on their device, a signature or PIN entry on the Ingenico payment processing device is required.
- (new) Performance for eCommerce sales imports is improved.
- (fixed) In the Customer Query utility, results apply the Gender filter even when other filters apply.
- (fixed) When Options > General > Force Login is checked, users must sign in to access the Inventory Center screen or to add a Payout.
May 2020 Early Release 1
Software 20.2.159 / Database Schema 82 (change from January 2020 Early Release 2)
Ingenico Device Configuration: 17.3.1 / Firmware: 18.104.22.168 (no change from January 2020 Early Release 2)
Release Date: May 6, 2020
- The Analytics > Retail Profit Machine metric adds Av. Work Order, Av. DIS, and NPS values.
- The Category Analysis report compares sales and inventory performance from year to year.
Ascend RMS Client
- Work Order transactions cannot be finished (closed) or unmarked as a Work Order unless all associated Work Order Details are hidden.
- The Inventory in a Hidden Category and Hidden Inventory reports include negative inventory.
- Allow employees view-only access to product information.
- Filter customers by their Include in Communications preference in the Customer Query utility.
Full Release Notes
- (new) On the Analytics Retail Profit Machine
a. Av. Work Order displays the average price of completed Work Order Details (excluding Rental Charges, serialized items, and uncategorized products).
b. Av. DIS displays the estimated number of days your current inventory will last if it sells at its current rate.
Sherpa tip: If a full 12 months (365 days) worth of data is not available, an asterisk symbol (*) displays next to the value.
c. NPS displays your Net Promoter Score® from Listen360.
d. Email Capture automatically updates if customer information is entered after a transaction is finished (closed).
- (new) Use the Category Analysis report to compare
month- and year-to-date sales and inventory performance for this year and last
year. Click the Export button to save the displayed results as an XLSX
file. (multi-store retailers) Results for all selected locations are combined.
Sherpa tip: Inventory data prior to April 1, 2019 is not available.
Ascend RMS Client
- (new) On Work Order transactions:
a. The transaction cannot be finished (closed) until all active (not hidden) Work Order Details are completed.
b. The Work Order button (on the toolbar) cannot be deselected until all Work Order Details are hidden.
- (new) Performance on the Inventory Event Details report
a. When a large number of products are included in results, the report does not time out.
b. Items with the Not Scanned discrepancy are not duplicated in displayed results.
Sherpa tip: Inventory adjustments were not duplicated – inventory values are correct. Only the report results display incorrectly.
- (new) In Reports, Inventory in a Hidden Category and Hidden Inventory include products with a negative quantity.
- (new) (multi-store retailers) When an extremely large number of customers exist, sharing is not impacted.
- (new) On transactions, sale item Quantity for
serialized items can be set to -1. Quantity cannot be 0
for any sale item.
Sherpa tip: When exchanging products for a customer, always use the receipt form the original transaction.
- (new) The Reports - Online Reports - Customer Transaction History user permission is renamed Reports - Customer Transaction History.
- (new) The Products/Vendor Products - View Only user permission allows employees to view product information without editing it.
- (new) On the Customer Query utility, the Communications
column displays whether or not Include in Communications is checked, and
the Email column displays the Email Address entered. Use the Include
in Communications filter to limit results to only customers who have/have
not agreed to receive mailings (email or postal) from your store.
Sherpa tip: In the Product Query utility, Communications and Email display on the Customer (lower) pane. If the customer declined to provide an email address (Declined is checked on the customer record), Declined displays in the Email column.
- (fixed) When a customer has Notes on their account, the Search field in transactions remains selected.
- (fixed) In Database Explorer > Customers, the History tab displays when a transaction is out of balance.
- (fixed) In Database Explorer > Customers,
matching results display regardless of search parameter used.
Sherpa tip: Non-numeric characters are ignored when searching phone numbers.
- (fixed) On the Reconcile Inventory screen, extremely large numbers of sections and/or products can be reconciled.
- (fixed) On the Work Order Details screen, users
without the Work Order Scheduling Override permission cannot approve a Due
Date which has exceeded its available number of repairs.
Sherpa tip: This permission is also required to override a Due Date which has exceeding its available technician time – however, this functionality was not affected and has continued working correctly.
- (fixed) In Database Explorer > Locations, the Name field cannot be blank.
- (fixed) (multi-store retailers) On a product record, Sales History displays correct values when items have been removed from a transaction.
- (fixed) When backing out of a new Vendor Order without saving after removing all order items, Ascend does not “freeze”/become unresponsive.
- (fixed) In Reports, the following reports can only be
saved as a PDF file:
a. End of Day > Daily Accounting Summary
b. Inventory > Inventory
c. Inventory > Inventory by Category Retail
d. Inventory > Inventory by Vendor
e. Sales > Sales by Category Details
f. Inventory > Reconciled Inventory
g. Sales > Sales by Category Retail
h. Sales > Sales by Category Summary
i. Sales > Sales by Vendor Retail
- (fixed) On the eCommerce Sales screen:
a. Status changes can be applied when only one order displays.
b. The screen does not time out when a large number of orders exist in your system.