July 2019 Early Release 3
Software 19.2.361 / Database Schema 69 (no change from July 2019 Early Release 2)
Ingenico Device Configuration: 17.3.1 / Firmware: 220.127.116.11 (no change from July 2019 Early Release 2)
Release Date: July 23, 2019
We’ve recently increased our minimum hardware requirements. See the Minimum hardware requirements for Ascend article to verify your computers still meet the requirements.
- (new) On Reports
> Sales Team Analysis:
a. Statistics on Quotes and Layaways display.
b. UPT values round to two decimal places.
- (fixed) On Reports
> Sales Team Analysis:
a. Columns automatically fit to the width of their contents.
b. Values display correctly when there is an Add-on value, but not Total values (e.g. when the original sale item was returned).
c. When refreshing the web page, values display for the date range selected.
Ascend RMS Client
- (fixed) On the Ascend
Service Health Status dialog box, the Ascend
Update service is no longer checked.
July 2019 Early Release 2
Software 19.2.343 / Database Schema 69 (no change from June 2019 Early Release 1)
Ingenico Device Configuration: 17.3.1 / Firmware: 18.104.22.168 (no change from June 2019 Early Release 1)
Release Date: June 26, 2019
- (new) Use the Sales Team Analysis report to assess employees’ sales performance.
Ascend RMS Client
- (new) (multi-store retailers) Performance on the transaction
screen is improved.
a. Purchase on Account information is not updated unless the customer makes a purchase against their account.
b. Users can add to/edit the transaction if the Customer Panel has not fully loaded.
- (new) On the Edit Product dialog box, the Create New In-Store SKU for Product prompt is clarified.
- (new) In Options
> Reports, uncheck Auto-run Activity Summary to prevent
the End of Day > Activity Summary report from running
Sherpa tip: This setting applies to all workstations.
- (new) System performance is improved when there is no
connection to the internet and/or Ascend Online Services.
a. If connection to Ascend Online Services cannot be established (either due to an internet, network, or Ascend Online Services outage), the bottom status bar displays in orange. Click the Services Down text to display the services which cannot be reached and to access Offline mode. Ascend attempts to reconnect every 5 minutes, or users can click the Offline text to attempt to reconnect.
Sherpa tip: Offline status displays in the lower right corner of every screen.
b. Transactions (sales, work orders, quotes, returns, layaways, and rentals) can be created, edited, and/or completed. (multi-store retailers) Remote inventory quantities update when connection is restored.
c. Local reservations can be created, edited, and/or completed. (multi-store retailers) Reservations created at another location cannot be edited.
d. Reservation Collections, Rate Programs, and/or Rental Products (including Rental Items) cannot be created, imported, and/or edited.
e. Trek Card applications and/or payments cannot be processed.
Sherpa tip: Other integrated credit, debit, and gift cards can be processed if only Ascend Online Services are unavailable. If you wish to process payments during a local internet outage, see the Process payments during an internet outage article.
f. Customers and products cannot be created, imported, and/or edited.
Sherpa tip: Prior to an outage, create a “placeholder” customer for your store (e.g. using your store’s information). If a new customer is required for a transaction, assign it to the placeholder customer and enter the correct customer information in the Comments field. Be sure to select the Keep Open button (on the toolbar) in case the outage lasts multiple days
g. (multi-store retailers) Transfer and/or remote inventory lookup functionality (including special order and order transfers) is disabled.
h. Integrated ordering functionality (checking vendor availability, order grids, viewing product specs, and submitting orders) is disabled. Orders can be created, edited, and/or received. (multi-store retailers) Order items which are to be transferred to another location cannot be received. Remote inventory quantities update when connection is restored.
i. Purchase on Account purchases and payments can be processed. (multi-store retailers) Shared POA balances update when connection is restored.
j. SMS and email messages are disabled.
k. Trek bike registration information can be entered, but is deferred until connection is restored.
- (new) When scheduling reports for automatic delivery, select
PDF or Excel (CSV) format for the report format.
Sherpa tip: Reports which were scheduled prior to upgrade continue to deliver in Excel (CSV) format.
- (new) On the Service Center screen, the Advisor field can be displayed.
- (new) In Options
> Reservations, click the Custom Messaging button to enter additional
text (e.g. rental contract information) on large receipts for Reservations. Customer
ID and birthdate information can be entered on large receipts for Reservations.
Click the Receipt Defaults button to
select default delivery formats and number of copies.
Sherpa tip: Theses settings apply only to a single workstation. Users may override the Receipt Defaults settings at any time.
- (new) On a Vendor Order, the Style Number, Style Name, Year, Gender, and Season fields can be displayed.
- (new) (multi-store retailers) Performance when creating or modifying users is improved. All users (including users who are removed/hidden or inactive at the current location) must have a unique Name, Initials, Password, and Email.
- (new) When Options
> General > Force Login is checked, User name is not displayed when the
entered password matches an existing user. When a user enters an incorrect
password and clicks the Login button, the Password
field displays in red and the text is highlighted so the correct password can immediately be re-entered.
Sherpa tip: This improves login security by making it more difficult for users to guess others’ passwords.
- (fixed) In Options > Sales and Returns, Prompt for Transfer does not display for single-store retailers.
- (fixed) On the Payments > Credit and Debit Card Detail by Date report, dates display in MM/DD/YYYY format.
- (fixed) When accessing Database Explorer > Orders, older vendor order do not cause a timeout (preventing results from displaying).
- (fixed) (multi-store retailers) Transfer Item statuses match their Inventory Adjustment records, and users do not get a “transfer has already been initiated on another workstation” message when other workstations have not accessed it.
- (fixed) Performance is improved when searching in Database Explorer > Serialization.
a. Values always display in the Description column.
b. When a serial number is associated with a removed (hidden) product, it displays in results when searching by Product Description.
c. On the Edit Serial Number dialog box, the Product information can be highlighted and copied.
- (fixed) (multi-store retailers) When adding a Transfer Item from the Check-In Transfers or Check-Out Transfers screen, users are not incorrectly notified the product has an insufficient quantity.
- (fixed) Return items cannot be added to a sale which was finished (closed) on a prior day.
- (fixed) (multi-store retailers) On the Customer Panel in transactions, Notes display regardless of which location created them.
- (fixed) In transactions, editing the customer assigned to it does not affect sale item prices.
- (fixed) (multi-store retailers) Serial number records cannot be edited for Rental Items which exist at another location.
- (fixed) When changing the status of an itemized Rental Item, a duplicate Serial Number record is not created.
- (fixed) When using in-cell editing in a Work Order Detail (Options > Sales and Returns > Allow In-Cell Editing is checked), quantity changes always prompt for special order if the current stock is insufficient.
- (fixed) In transactions and Work Order Details, serialized sale items cannot have a quantity greater than one.
June 2019 Early Release 1
Software 19.2.224 / Database Schema 69 (change from March 2019 Early Release 3)
Ingenico Device Configuration: 17.3.1 / Firmware: 22.214.171.124 (no change from March 2019 Early Release 3)
Release Date: May 21, 2019
- Show SKUs on the Sales By Category report displays all products sold in the category.
Ascend RMS Client
- Mark items in Vendor Orders as Rentals.
- Create custom Inventory Adjustment Types.
- Super Search is available when searching for customers.
- Select a registrant for Trek bikes that is different from the purchaser.
Full Release Notes
- (new) Users can be given access to multiple stores.
Sherpa tip: If you wish to give your vendors’ sales representatives access to Ascend HQ for your store, they must be set up as a user in your system.
- (new) On Reports > Sales By Category, click the Show SKUs button to display the products sold in that category. In the Filter field, search for products by description, UPC, or SKU.
- (fixed) When metrics are loading, an indicator displays until the results are fully retrieved.
- (fixed) On Reports > Sales By Category, the Show SKUs button displays results when products do not have a UPC. (multi-store retailers) When multiple locations have sold the same product, it only displays once.
- (fixed) When viewing on a mobile device, the menu is not displayed until the user selects it. It is closed when the user clicks elsewhere on the page.
Ascend RMS Client
- (new) In Database
Explorer > Inventory Adjustment
Types, create custom reasons for manual inventory adjustments.
Sherpa tip: A maximum of 255 characters (including spaces) can be entered for Inventory Adjustment Type. Inventory Adjustment Types cannot use the same name as another Type, even if it is removed (hidden). The Inventory Adjustment Types Other and Rental cannot be renamed or removed. (multi-store retailers) Custom Inventory Adjustment Types are unique to each location and must be created separately at each location.
- (new) In the Category Mapper screen, click the Undo button to revert the last category assignment you made, click the plus icon to add a new category, and/or click the pencil icon to edit the selected category.
- (new) On the Select Customer dialog box, select Super Search to search multiple customer fields.
- (new) When a customer is purchasing a Trek bike for someone
else, click the Select Customer
(magnifying glass) icon on the Trek
Registration dialog box to choose a different Owner.
Sherpa tip: If no customer has been chosen for the transaction, the selected Owner is automatically assigned to the transaction.
- (new) When accessing a Vendor Order which was previously received in full, the Update Vendor Order dialog box does not display if the user clicks Save, and shipping cannot be entered after the order is complete.
- (new) (multi-store retailers) When an order item is transferred to another location from the Vendor Order screen, it is automatically marked Picked when it is received.
- (new) Rental Items can be received on a Vendor Order. When receiving order items, check Rental – if the product does not match
an existing Rental Product, the Rental
Product Mapper displays (multi-store retailers) Select a location in the Transfer To column to send the Rental
Item to that location.
Sherpa tip: All items must be mapped before closing the Rental Product Mapper. (multi-store retailers) When an order item is marked as both a Rental and Transfer, the History section for the product displays values for Qty. Received, Inventory Adjustment (as Rental), and (Pending) Transfers Out – however, the Transfers value does not affect the in-stock Quantity, so it may appear to cause a discrepancy in your inventory. This is not the case – to investigate differences in your inventory values versus what is actually on your floor, review the adjustment history in Database Explorer > Inventory Adjustments.
- There’s a lot of text here. Need a break? Are you a dog person, a cat person, or maybe you prefer something else?
- (new) Serial Number records cannot be manually created with
a Serial Number of Not Assigned.
Sherpa tip: These records are automatically created when a serialized item is received on a Vendor Order, but no serial number is entered.
- (new) On the Remote
Product Lookup dialog box in a transaction:
a. Search text entered on the Transaction screen remains in the Search field.
b. By default, Remote Inventory Only is checked.
c. Closed locations do not display.
d. Click the Request Product and Add to Sale button to request a transfer from another location, associate the customer with the transfer item, and add the product to the transaction.
e. Double-click a product to edit it.
f. When a category is selected, products in child categories are included in results.
g. Locations display in descending order by Qty (locations with the most items in stock display at the top).
h. Additional product information displays.
- (new) Serial Number records can be created for Rental Products.
These records display in Database
Explorer > Serialization and Database Explorer > Reservations > Rental Products > Serial
Numbers tab, but do not display in the Select
Serial Number dialog box in transactions or on the Serial Numbers tab on a product record. In Database Explorer > Serialization,
click the Rental button (on the
toolbar) to toggle whether or not serial numbers for rental items are displayed
in search results.
Sherpa tip: This button is toggled off by default (serial numbers for rental items do not display).Serial numbers cannot be entered for Non-Itemized Rental Products.
- (new) On the Sales
Item dialog box, click the pencil icon next to the Serial Number field to edit the selected serial number.
Sherpa tip: Any user with the Sales – Edit permission can edit a serial number using this method – no Serialization permissions are required.
- (fixed) (multi-store retailers) When a customer is edited at another location, their In-Store Credit and/or Gift Certificate balances are not reset.
- (fixed) When a customer previously had a Gender selected, select Select One to clear the value.
- (fixed) In the Select Customer dialog box, a new customer can be added after searching by Company.
- (fixed) (multi-store retailers) On a User record, checking or unchecking a location on the Locations tab activates or deactivates the user at that location.
- (fixed) When a customer exists in your system without a last name, users can search Database Explorer > Reservations by Last Name.
- (fixed) When a Trek serialized item is added to a quote, the
Trek Registration dialog box does
Sherpa tip: Users are prompted to register products when a quote is converted to a sale.
- (fixed) In Database Explorer > Users, Gender can be added to the displayed columns.
- (fixed) (multi-store retailers) On the eCommerce Sales screen, new customers added from an order are shared with other locations.
- (fixed) In a Vendor Order, all items received by the case (products with Case Quantity configured) can be received by scanning their UPC after splitting multiple items.
- (fixed) When using in-cell editing in transactions (Options > Sales and Returns > Allow In-Cell Editing is checked), quantity changes always prompt for special order if the current stock is insufficient.
- (fixed) In a Vendor Order, no error displays when the user chooses whether or not to notify the customer about a special order received.
- (fixed) The Quickie buttons cannot be used to add additional items Work Order Detail when the transaction was finished (closed) on a prior day.