- A specific labor product to charge for repairs and replacements
- A warranty customer account to track claims in Ascend
Prep your database to process Trek warranties
Set up the Warranty SKU:
1. Navigate to AscendRMS.com and log in.
1. Select Create > Customer from the Ascend desktop.
2. Set these attributes:
a. Account Type - Company
b. Company - Trek Warranty
3. For the Address, fill in Trek's address.
4. Set up Purchase on Account.
a. Select Active from the Status drop-down menu.
b. Set the Credit Limit field to $100,000. You can always change this number (up to $99,999,999.99), if needed.
5. Click Save.
Once these are set up, you can process with any warranty claims for Trek products. Here's the major "milestones" in a Trek warranty claim process:
Contact Trek Warranty SupportCall or email Trek's Warranty support and confirm these items:
- The customer's warranty plan is valid
- Repairs are covered
- The intended work is approved
Submit the claim to Dexter
1. Log into Dexter
2. Select the Services tab.
3. Click Claim Creator and Review.
4. Select Start Claim.
5. Complete the claim information and submit it. Make note of the Claim Number.
Record the claims details in Ascend
1. Create a new Work Order in Ascend.
Charge the store's warranty customer account
1. Open the Work Order you created earlier (for customer Warranty, Trek).
2. Select the Account icon from the payment types.
3. Next to Purchaser, click the magnifying glass icon and search for the customer who owns the bike.
4. Enter the claim number in the Purchase Order # field.
5. Click Save.
ReimbursementsAfter a claim has been reimbursed to your shop by Trek, you can enter that information into Ascend.
1. Select Tools > Purchase on Account > Manage from the Ascend desktop.
2. Double-click the customer: Trek Warranty.
4. Select the payment type Check.
5. Enter the check number.
6. Select Save.
Article: How do warranties work?