SmartEtailing’s direct mailing program lets you target your best customers with promotional mailings to drive business back to your store – all with minimal effort on your part! Just send the information on your preferred number of customers to SmartEtailing, and they’ll take care of the rest.
Multi-store retailers: Exports must be run and sent separately from each location.
- Verify Ascend is on the latest version.
- Configure a workstation or system email account.
- Assign a customer to every transaction, and ensure their
record is complete and up-to-date.
Save & Send Customer Export Report
- Save the SmartEtailing
Direct Mail Customer Export query (available on www.ascendrms.com)
to your computer (e.g. the Windows® Desktop).
- Copy ALL text from the query file.
- From the Ascend Desktop, select the Tools menu > Advanced
Database Functions > SQL Query
(or, click the SQL Query tile, if available.
- In the upper pane, paste the text from the query file.
- On the toolbar, click Execute.
- In the Select Dates
dialog box, select your desired date range for sales (e.g. 01/01/2017 to today's date)
and click OK. Sherpa tip: Run this
report for the year to date.
- In the # of Customers
dialog box, enter the desired number of customers to return (maximum 30,000) and click OK.
- On the toolbar, click Save.
- In the Enter Name
dialog box, enter SmartEtailing Direct
Mail Customer Export and click OK.
The report saves in the My Queries folder of Reports so it can easily be run
- On the toolbar, click Email.
The Send Email dialog box displays
with the query results attached.
- In the To field,
Sherpa tip: If you’d like to receive a copy of the email, enter your email
address in the CC field.
- In the Subject
field, enter Direct Mail Customer Export
for [Shop Name] - [Location]. If desired, you can enter additional
information in the body of the email.
- Click Send.