The support tech will help figure out what kind of query we can create for you, what results should show, and if you need any prompts (such as a date range or vendor). Most requests are completed within 72 business hours.
Sherpa TipTo run a custom query, you need the user permission Allow Commands in SQL Window.
Running a custom query
If you're being contacted by email, the support tech will attach the query in a Notepad document.
1. Start by copying all the query text in the Notepad document.
2. Select the Reports icon in Ascend.
3. Click the SQL Query icon.
4. In the top box, paste the query text.
5. Click the Execute icon.
6. If there is a prompt for the query, it will pop up now. Fill out the prompt and click OK.
7. The results will display below.
Saving a query to your ReportsAfter running the query in Ascend you can choose to save it in your Reports area.
1. Select File > Save Query...
2. Enter a name for your query.
3. Select OK to save the report.
4. Click Back to return to the Reports page.
5. Click Back one more time to exit the Reports window. Ascend needs to refresh your Reports and add the new one.
6. Select the Reports icon to re-open the report page.
7. Scroll down to My Queries on the left.
8. The new report should show, and you can double-click it to run it.
Video: Utilize Custom Queries
Article: Deliver reports automatically
Article: Export query data from Ascend
Article: Create customer and product queries