Importing products via spreadsheet is the most efficient way to add a large number of products to your system.
Choose which vendor products to import carefully. For every 1,000 products imported, your database size increases by approximately 1MB. Larger database sizes can significantly impact performance.
Always verify product information is correct before importing. And if you're updating pricing for products already in your database, you must uncheck the Import Only New Option before importing your spreadsheet. Please remember to re-enable this option after the import is complete to avoid unwanted changes.
Make sure to create an Ascend database backup before importing any spreadsheets. Some critical information cannot be recovered without it!
If your shop is part of a multi-store chain, make sure the spreadsheet is only imported once from a single location (using any workstation).
- Download the product spreadsheet from www.ascendrms.com.
Numerous vendors provide Ascend with product information on a regular basis.
Sherpa Tip: If a current spreadsheet is not available, ask the vendor(s) to participate in Ascend's Vendor Update program. For more information on the program, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure the Import Only New feature is always checked in your app options before importing any spreadsheet, unless you intend to overwrite ALL products included in the spreadsheet.
- From the Ascend Desktop,
select the File menu > Import > Vendor Products.
- Navigate to the location where you saved the file and
- Click the appropriate vendor.
- Double-check your vendor selection, and then select OK.
- Select the fields you wish to import and click OK.
- On the confirmation prompt, click OK.
- The import progress displays. Click OK when complete.