The Motorola/Zebra MC2180 inventory scanner increases both the speed and accuracy of inventory counts.
Sherpa Tip: The scanner must be charged for 24 hours before the first use.
Connect the scanner
- Connect the USB sync cable to the back of the cradle.
- Plug the other end of the USB cable into the back of the
Sherpa Tip: Other USB ports (e.g. on the computer monitor, the front of the computer, a USB hub) may not receive sufficient power for the device.
- Plug the power cord into the back of the cradle.
- Plug the power cord into the wall.
Install SD Card
SherpaTip: Do not use greater than a 32 GB microSD card.
- Pull up on the latches on either side of the laser to
release the battery compartment panel.
- Slide the card cage down until it releases.
- Insert the SD card with the label side facing up.
- Slide the card cage up until it locks. A "click"
sound indicates when the cage is properly secured.
The battery is integrated into the battery compartment panel - simply insert the battery in the compartment.
Sherpa Tip: The installation process can take up to 30 minutes to complete. Do not remove the scanner from the cradle until the installation is complete.
- Download the AscendScan
software (available on www.ascendrms.com).
- Click the Start
menu and search for Turn Windows
features on or off.
- From the Turn Windows
features on or off dialog box, check .NET
Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0).
- Click OK.
- From the Windows
needs files from Windows Update to finish installing some features dialog
box, click Download files from Windows
- From the Windows
completed the requested changes dialog box, clock Close.
- Right click the AscendScan
- From the displayed menu, select Run as Administrator. The AscendScan
Installation Wizard displays.
- Welcome to the
AscendScan Installation Wizard: Click Next.
- Check Overwrite Any
Existing AscendScan Files And Previous AscendScan Configurations and click Next.
- If required, turn on the scanner by pressing the power
button once. Do not hold the power button.
- Place the scanner in the cradle.
- If the Windows Mobile
Device Center dialog box displays, close it.
- Windows Mobile Device
Center Setup: Click Next.
- If the Calibration
screen displays on the scanner, press Esc
on the keypad.
- When the Windows
Mobile Device Center dialog box displays, close it.
Installation Complete: Click Finish.