If you accidentally select the wrong customer in a Sale, Layaway, Work Order, or Quote, you can easily find the correct customer right in the transaction screen!
Things to know first
1. Customers cannot be changed on a Sale under a few specific circumstances, where payments have already been made that are attached to the specific customer:
- There is a Purchase on Account charge
- In-Store credit was used or issued to a customer
- A Gift Certificate balance was used or issued to a customer
Change the customer in a Sale
1. From the transaction screen, select Customer > Select or press F11 on your keyboard.
2. This opens the Select Customer window again, so you can select a different customer for your transaction.
Change the customer in a Work Order (or WO Detail)
Work Orders have a couple extra options. You can change the customer attached to the full Work Order transaction (which is usually the customer who is going to pay for the transaction) or you can change the customer associated with a Work Order Detail.
This can be helpful when someone brings in multiple bikes that might belong to friends or family members.
You can change the customer in the full Work Order transaction the same way you would in a normal sale transaction.
In the Work Order Detail, just select the search icon next to the Customer field to open the Select Customer window.