The Motorola/Zebra MC2180 inventory scanner increases both the speed and accuracy of inventory counts.
Note: The scanner must be charged for 24 hours before the first use.
If the computer won’t recognize the scanner
Not seeing the familiar green Windows Mobile Device Center box pop up when you dock your inventory scanner? Is Ascend exporting your product file to the computer’s hard drive instead of directly to the scanner?
- Open your Control Panel (just click on the Start Menu and start typing to search) and navigate to Programs and Features.
- Scroll until you find Windows Mobile Device Center and Windows Mobile Device Center Driver Update – in the Version column, both should list 6.1.6965.0.
If they don’t, uninstall the older versions and install the latest version for your system type.
Note: Don’t know your system type? Just right-click your Start Menu and choose System.
- Access your computer’s Services (again, click the Start Menu and search away).
- Right-click and select Run as administrator – you’ll need to do this even if you’re using a Windows® administrator user account!
- Scroll until you find Windows Mobile-based device connectivity and Windows Mobile-2003-based device connectivity.
- If necessary, right-click each and select Stop (they may not both be running).
- Right-click each and select Properties.
- Click the Log On tab, select Local System account, and check Allow service to interact with desktop.
- Click OK.
- Right-click each service and select Start.