Orders in Database Explorer
Select the Receive icon or View > Vendor Orders from the Ascend desktop to open the Orders window in Database Explorer.
The Active icon is selected by default. This filters your orders to show orders with at least one item that has not been received. Or you can deselect the Active icon to see all the orders for a specified date range.
When you click and highlight an order, the Order Item Information shows in the lower part of the screen. You can easily see the product information connected to this Vendor Order.
Looking for a specific item? No worries. You can search by PO Number, Vendor, Part Number, and more. Or use Super Search to look up the product by UPC, Part Number, SKU or Description.
Don’t see the information you need? You can easily change the visible columns, in both the top and bottom parts of the screen.
Drag and drop columns to rearrange the order that they appear, or right click on the column headers to change which columns appear, using the Column Chooser. These settings will save specifically for you so you don’t have to do this every time.
Create an Order
- The Order icon on the Ascend desktop
- Create > Vendor Order from the Ascend desktop
- Or the Add icon on the Orders window in Database Explorer
2. Find and highlight the vendor you are ordering from on the Select Vendor window. Click Select.
3. The Vendor Order is created. Use the search bar to find and add products individually to the order.
4. After each item is selected, you'll be prompted for the quantity you are ordering.
You can save the order at any time. If you print the order or product labels, it will be saved by default.
Add products to the order in bulk
You can import a list of items from Excel into this order, if needed. This can be useful if the products have a different Cost than normal (like if you're getting a discount on this order) or if you're planning to use an Excel spreadsheet to submit the order to the vendor directly.
The required fields for Ascend to read the Excel spreadsheet are:
- Identifier (the vendor's part number, the product UPC, or the product's in-store SKU can be used)
1. to import the spreadsheet into Ascend, select File > Import from Excel.
2. Find and select your Excel spreadsheet.
3. Check the columns you want to import. Identifier and Quantity are checked by default and cannot be unchecked.
4. Select OK.
The products are imported into your order. If there are any errors, a pop-up will notify you.
Reorder items and add Special Orders
In the vendor order, select the Reorder icon or View > Items to Order to open the Items to Order window.
Products that have a Quantity on Hand that is lower than their Minimum appear in the Reorder Items section. You are prompted to order enough individual items to brig the product's quantity up to it's Maximum quantity. Check the box next to items you want to add to the order.
The Special Order Items section displays products that need to be ordered from this vendor to fill customer orders. Check the box next to items you want to add to the order.
Select Add to Order once you've checked off all the items you want to add to this order.
Submit an Order
Use the Order Status dropdown to change the order status once it's been submitted.
If you're integrated with Trek or Quality Bike Products, you can select the Submit icon to submit the order online through the vendor's website.
Article: Receive vendor orders
Video: Receive Vendor Orders
Article: Trek integration in Vendor Orders