Set up Trek integration
To integrate with Trek, you need to provide Ascend with your dexdealer login information in a couple places of Ascend.
The first is in Options. Navigate to Options > Trek in Ascend. Enter your:
- DEXTER Account Number,
- DEXTER User name (use your shops' super user account information),
- and DEXTER Password.
You can also select your Dealer Level here using the dropdown menu below the DEXTER information, or set your retail pricing (Suggested or Advertised) in the lower right.
Then click Save.
Next, select View > Vendors from the Ascend desktop. Double-click the Trek Bicycle Corportation vendor to edit it (or create the vendor, if needed).
Use the Integration dropdown on the right to select Trek Bicycle Company. Then enter the same account information that you entered earlier:
And click Save.
Adding order items
However, Trek has a couple special considerations in orders:
- Bikes and P&A (parts and accessories) must be submitted separately. Be sure to select the appropriate order type (located to the left of the Search bar) before checking availability.
- Backorders (products you've already ordered from Trek, but which were not in stock with Trek at the time you ordered) CANNOT be managed in Ascend. Log into Trek's B2B site to manage all backorders.
- Project One (P1) bikes should NOT be ordered through Ascend (however, you should certainly still record these orders in your system!); see the Selling Trek Project One (P1) bikes article for full details on this process.
- Finally, for new products, use the Cloud Product Catalog
Check product availability during Purchase Orders
One advantage of integration is that you can check product availability in Ascend when you're creating your vendor orders.
After you've added all the products you plan to order to the Vendor Order screen, simply click the Avail icon to check availability on Dexter.
The in-stock columns display warehouse quantities in the order of Primary - Secondary - Tertiary.
If a product displays in purple text, scroll to view the Dexter message column for that product.
Submitting an order
1. Select the Submit icon.
2. Select Yes on the prompt to save the order.
3.Update the Trek order review screen, if needed. You may need to select your shipping method or add a note for your rep.
4. Select Submit at the bottom of the screen.
5. Click Save.
View estimated delivery times
Once the order is submitted, the Delivery Date column displays the Shipped, Estimated, or Promise date provided from B2B.
Article: Create a vendor order
Article: Receive a vendor order