- Set up your organization account on Bike Index.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a password for POS bicycle registration.
- Verify Ascend is on the latest version.
- Assign serial numbers to all bikes sold.
- Create a SKU to add to transactions when customers decline
to register their bike.
Sherpa tip: Print labels to keep at every register.
a. Description: Bike Index Do Not Register
b. SKU: NO BIKE INDEX
c. Estimated Cost: $0.00
d. MSRP: $0.00
e. Non-Inventory: Checked
f. eCommerce: Unchecked
Save & Schedule Sales Feed
Multi-store retailers: Reports must be saved & scheduled separately for each location.
- Save the Bike Index Sales Feed query (available on www.ascendrms.com) to your server computer (e.g. the Windows® Desktop).
- On your Ascend server, run the query; see the How do I run a custom query? article for details.
- On the toolbar, click Save
and enter <Store name and location> - Bike Index Sales Feed and click
OK. The report saves in the My Queries folder of Reports.
- On the toolbar, click Delivery.
- From the Time dropdown
menu, select 11:30 PM.
Sherpa tip: Another time after your shop closes can be chosen if you already have multiple reports scheduled for this time.
- In the Recurrence Pattern section, select Daily and enter Every 1 Day.
- In the Delivery Method section, select Email and enter the email address(es) you wish to receive a copy of the day’s results.
- In the Delivery
Method section, select FTP/SFTP
and enter the following information:
a. Host Address: ftp://ascendftp.bikeindex.org:20
b. Protocol: Select FTP – File Transfer Protocol
c. Port: 20
d. Login: ascendftp
e. Password: Enter the password you received from Bike Index.
- In the Report
Parameters section, select Today.
Sherpa tip: See the How do I deliver reports automatically? article for additional delivery options.
- Click Save.