S_Connect allows you to display your shop's product availability on Specialized.com. Send your inventory and sales information from Ascend to easily update your information on the Find Nearby page.
For more information on the Specialized S_Connect program, or for support, contact your Specialized rep or see the POS Data Share FAQ.
- Opt-in to the S_Connect data share service in your Specialized B2B
account. Make note of the credentials provided for your Specialized
a. FTP username and password
b. Account number
c. Location ID
Sherpa tip: The Location ID is not the same value as your account number.
- Keep Ascend on the latest version; see the Install an Ascend update article.
- Configure a workstation or system email account; see the Set up email integration article.
- Keep vendor products up-to-date using Ascend-formatted updates (log into www.ascendrms.com); see the Import a large number of vendor products into Ascend article.
- Keep your inventory values accurate by performing regular cycle counts; see the Prepare for cycle counts article.
Schedule data feeds
(multi-store retailers) Reports must be saved & scheduled separately for each location.1. Save the Specialized Inventory Feed and Specialized Sales Feed queries to your server computer (log into www.ascendrms.com).
3. Run each query. Follow the directions below for each:
- On the toolbar, click Save
and enter Spec_Inv_Store_<Store number
– e.g. 1, 2, 3>_<Location name> or Spec_Sales_Store_<Store number – e.g. 1, 2, 3>_<Location name>
and click OK. The report saves in
the My Queries folder of Reports.
Sherpa tip: For the Specialized Sales query, accept the default date range.
- On the toolbar, click Delivery.
Sherpa tip: Delivery can only be configured on your server computer.
- From the Time dropdown menu, select 1:00 AM.
- In the Recurrence Pattern section, select Daily and enter Every 1 day(s).
- (optional) In the Delivery Method section, select Email and enter the email address(es) you wish to receive a copy of the day’s results.
- In the Delivery
Method section, select FTP/SFTP.
a. In the Host Address field, enter ftp://ftp-pos.specialized.com:2121
b. From the Protocol dropdown menu, select FTP – File Transfer Protocol.
c. In the Port Number field, enter 2121.
d. In the Login and Password fields, enter the FTP username and password from Specialized.
Sherpa tip: This information was sent via email from Specialized. The Ascend Support Team cannot access this information. If you no longer have this email, contact your Specialized rep.
- (Sales query) In the Report Parameters section, select Yesterday.
- Click Save.