Use the Trek Connect Retail Marketing Back to School campaign to encourage local students returning to classes to purchase a new bike to get around campus, or to have their current bikes serviced at a special price. From August 15 to September 15, students who provide a school ID and purchase a Trek bike receive a coupon (amount based on purchase price) for Bontrager gear, or receive a special service package price when they have their existing bike inspected/adjusted.
See Dexter for full details on this promotion.
- Keep Ascend on the latest version: See the Install an Ascend update article.
- Register all bikes sold with Trek: See the Register Bikes with Trek during transactions article.
- Download and install the advertising image on your Ingenico payment terminal.
- Download the Trek
Connect 2019 Back to School coupons using the Coupon Wizard utility.
Sherpa Tip: Print labels to keep at your cash registers. If you're a multi-store retailer, coupons automatically share between all locations, so you only need to download these coupons at one location.
- Configure the service package.
a. Option 1: Configure a Kit with your existing labor SKUs for bike inspection, chain cleaning, brake adjustment, and gear adjustment. Adjust pricing accordingly.
Sherpa tip: Use kit SKU TCBTSSVC3019. Print labels to keep at your cash registers – users cannot search for kits by name. (multi-store retailers) Kits do not share between locations and must be created separately at each location.
If you wish to report on packages sold, do not use this method – Kit SKUs are not included in reporting.
b. Option 2: Create a $30 non-inventory labor SKU.
Sherpa tip: Use product SKU TCBTSSVC3019. Print labels to keep at your cash registers. (multi-store retailers) Products automatically share between locations, so you only need to create this product at a single location.
Use this method if you wish to report on packages sold.
At time of sale
- Redeem the free Bontrager gear discounts like any other coupon. In the Payment dialog box, scan the appropriate label in the Code field, or select the appropriate coupon from the Description drop-down.
- If the customer is purchasing the service package, create a work order and add the kit or in-store product SKU to the Work Order Detail.
- Use the Payments > Coupon Use History report to view information on sales containing the coupon codes.
- If you created a labor SKU/in-store product for the service package, use the Product and/or Customer Query utilities to report on sales.