Use the Trek Connect Retail Marketing Project One paint upgrade campaign to encourage your customers to customize their own Project One bike. From January 2-31, customers who purchase a Project One bike can receive $500 in the US/$650 in Canada off their custom bike – and you’ll receive a rebate of $300 in the US/$390 in Canada from Trek for each of these purchases.
See Dexter for full details on this promotion.
- Download the Trek
Connect Project One Promotion coupon using the Coupon Wizard utility. Print labels
to keep at your cash registers.
Sherpa Tip: If you're a multi-store retailer, coupons automatically share between all locations, so you only need to download this coupon at one location.
- Download and install the advertising image on your Ingenico payment terminal.
Project One sales
- At the time of sale:
a. Add a Project One placeholder product. Adjust the Price to the full price of the customized bike (this will include the full value of the customer’s upgrades).
b. Mark the placeholder as a Special Order so your buyer knows to enter the order.
Sherpa tip: You may wish to print two copies of the customer’s receipt.
c. Take any deposit payments that your store requires. If full payment is taken, be sure to select Keep Open on the toolbar.
Sherpa tip: Do not apply the upgrade coupon yet. Pre-tax coupons cannot be removed, and post-tax coupons can only be removed the same day they’re taken.
- Place the order for the customer’s customized bike on Dexter.
a. From the Order Detail screen, download the product spreadsheet.
Sherpa tip: The order spreadsheet is not required at this point.
b. Make note of the Sales Order and Customer PO information.
a. Remove the placeholder item and add the product information from Dexter.
b. Mark the product as a Special Order.
- Record the order in Ascend.
a. Create a vendor order for Trek Bicycle Corporation.
b. On the toolbar, click the Reorder button and add the customer’s Special Order.
c. Enter the Sales Order in the Vendor Order # field and the Customer PO in the PO Number field.
d. Do not check availability or submit the order.
- When the customer’s bike is received, process the order, apply the upgrade coupon, and finish the sale like any other Special Order.
Sherpa Tip: Rebate queries will be posted February 3. Rebate queries are due to Trek by Friday, February 14. Rebate amounts are based on Trek Advertised retail price.
- Download and run the TCRM Project One 2020 Consumer Bikes Sold query.
- Email the results of the query (in XLSX format) to Trek Customer Care at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FAQs & troubleshooting
Q: Why isn't a bike sold showing on the report?
A: This is generally due to one or more of the following reasons:
- The transaction was created or finished on a date outside of the sale dates (January 2-31).
- The upgrade coupon was not applied to the transaction.