Use the Trek Connect Retail Marketing Strava Century Challenge campaign to encourage your customers to follow the Trek Segafredo Teams, the Tour de France, and to just #GoByBike. Customers who track their rides on Strava during the month of July can receive a prize based on the highest milestone they passed.
See the B2B article for full details on this promotion.
- Create products in your system for the prizes - set Cost and MSRP to $0.00.
- Download and install the advertising image on your Ingenico payment terminal (log into www.ascendrms.com).
Redeem prizesSherpa tip: Do not charge customers for stem cap installation.
Option 1:Sell prizes at $0 (recommended)
Sherpa tip:Use this method to report on whether customers are purchasing additional items when they redeem their prizes and to report on customers who participated in the challenge for future marketing.
- Create a sale and add the appropriate prize. Add any other items the customer purchases to the same transaction.
- Be sure to associate the appropriate customer with the transaction. Create the customer if they’re not already in your system.
Option 2: Remove prizes from inventory as redeemed
- From the Ascend Desktop, select the Create menu > Inventory Adjustment (keyboard Ctrl + I).
- In the search field, scan the barcode for the item.
- From the Type drop-down, select the appropriate adjustment type (e.g. Sales/Display Use).
- From the Action drop-down, select Decrease.
- In the Quantity field, enter 1.
- Click the magnifying glass icon next to the Customer field and associate the appropriate customer. Create the customer if they’re not already in your system.
- In the Comments field, enter a meaningful description (e.g. 2020 TCRM Strava Challenge prize.)
- Click the Save button.