529 Garage is a bicycle registration service that has tools for bike shops to register bikes for their customers at point of sale. Ascend scheduled reports allow you to send your sales information for automatic registration upon purchase.
- Set up your organization account on 529 Garage.
- Email email@example.com to request a password for POS bicycle registration.
- Verify Ascend is on the latest version.
- Assign serial numbers to all bikes sold.
- Import the Project 529 Garage vendor spreadsheet (log into www.ascendrms.com).
- Edit the Project 529 Garage - Free Registration in-store product
SKU to YES529.
Note: Print labels to keep at every register.
Save & Schedule Sales Feed
Multi-store retailers: Reports must be saved & scheduled separately for each location.
- Save the 529 Garage Sales Feed query (log into www.ascendrms.com) to your server computer (e.g. the Windows® Desktop).
- On your Ascend server, run the query; see the How do I run a custom query? article for details.
- On the toolbar, click Save and enter Project 529 - <Store name and location (e.g. Ascend University Madison> and click OK. The report saves in the My Queries folder of Reports.
- On the toolbar, click Delivery.
- From the Time dropdown
menu, select 11:30 PM.
Note: Another time after your shop closes can be chosen if you already have multiple reports scheduled for this time.
- In the Recurrence Pattern section, select Daily and enter Every 1 Day.
- In the Delivery Method
section, select FTP/SFTP and enter the
a. Host Address: ftp://northampton.dreamhost.com/uploads/
b. Protocol: FTP – File Transfer Protocol
c. Port: 21
d. Login: ascend_bikes
e. Password: Enter the password you received from 529 Garage.
- In the Report Parameters
section, select Today.
Save this as a CSV file.
Note: See the How do I deliver reports automatically? article for additional delivery options.
- Click Save.