BikeExchange enables online shoppers to find, reserve, and purchase in-stock products from BikeExchange.com. Send your inventory and pricing information from Ascend to easily update your inventory on BikeExchange.
Trek retailers: Be sure to review Trek's updated General Internet Sales Policy.
- Sign up on BikeExchange.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a login
for POS bicycle registration.
Sherpa tip: (multi-store retailers) Each participating location requires its own login information.
- Verify Ascend is on the latest version.
- Keep vendor products up-to-date using Ascend-formatted updates (log into www.ascendrms.com).
- Keep your inventory values accurate by performing regular cycle counts.
If you aren’t already integrated with an eCommerce website provider (like SmartEtailing), you can simply use Ascend’s built-in eCommerce export functions. For details, see the Set up Ascend to export (upload) products to an ecommerce website article.
Save & Schedule Sales Feed
Sherpa tip: If you’re already using the built-in eCommerce export functions to send product information to BikeExchange, you can skip this setup!
Multi-store retailers: Reports must be saved & scheduled separately for each location.
- Save the BikeExchange Pricing Feed query (log into www.ascendrms.com) to your server computer (e.g. the Windows® Desktop).
- On your Ascend server, run the query; see the How do I run a custom query? article for details.
- On the toolbar, click Save and enter <Store name (e.g. Ascend University> - BikeExchange Export and click OK. The report saves in the My Queries folder of Reports.
- On the toolbar, click Delivery.
- From the Time dropdown
menu, select 11:30 PM.
Sherpa tip: Another time after your shop closes can be chosen if you already have multiple reports scheduled for this time.
- In the Recurrence Pattern section, select Daily and enter Every 1 Day.
- In the Delivery Method section, select Email and enter the email address(es) you wish to receive a copy of the day’s results.
- In the Delivery Method
section, select FTP/SFTP and enter the
a. Host Address: ftp://marketplacer.exavault.com/
b. Protocol: Select FTP – File Transfer Protocol
c. Port: 20
d. Login and Password: Enter the login information you received from BikeExchange.
- In the Report Parameters
section, select Today.
Sherpa tip: See the How do I deliver reports automatically? article for additional delivery options.
- Click Save.
- Manually create
Sherpa tip: Do not finish (close) the transaction until the customer picks up their order.
- Record the payment made on the website.
Sherpa tip: Discuss the preferred way of handling payments in Ascend with your bookkeeper.
a. Use the eCommerce payment type OR
b. Create a custom payment type for BikeExchange.
- Print a receipt to attach to the order items and move them to your designated special order/layaway area.