This article is for retailers assisting with the Beta testing the Reorder Analysis Tool in Ascend HQ. Please read carefully before using the tool as it will update your Min/Max values.
Enter your Search Criteria
- Select Supplier: A list of your active vendors. Select one to continue.
- Select Category: You can select one or several. If you select a parent category, products from its child categories will be included in the results.
- Lead Time (days): The time between placing orders and when they arrive from the selected vendor.
- Select Location(s): Locations within your dealership you want included in the results..
- Sales Date Range: Sales information will appear in the results based on the date range entered.
- Include Inventory with No Sales: If checked, products with QOH > 1 will show in the results, even if they weren't sold in the selected date range.
- Show Only New Products: If checked, only products created within the Sales Date Range will appear in the grid.
Once you have filled out the above information, click Analyze to generate report results.
When the results load, the Search Criteria section will collapse by default. You can collapse the navigation pane on the left by clicking the double-caret icon in the lower-left portion of the display.
Below is a description of the columns in the results grid.
You can configure what columns appear in what order by clicking the blue gear icon in the upper-left corner.
- Description: Product description
- VPN: Part Number from the Vendor Product Record of the selected Vendor
- QOH: Quantity on Hand
- # Sold: Number sold during the selected date range
- Avg Units/Day: Average units sold per day within the selected date range
- Demand: Amount expected to sell between order date and arrival date (Avg Units/Day * Lead Time)
- Max 1 Day: Maximum amount sold in a single day within the selected date range
- Max 3 Day: Maximum amount sold in a consecutive three day stretch within the selected date range
- Sugg Min: Suggested Minimum value (Demand rounded up to the nearest whole number)
- Sugg Max: Suggested Maximum value (Minimum + (Max 3 Day - 1))
- Current Min: Current Minimum value
- Current Max: Current Maximum value
Additional columns available via the Column Chooser.
- Sugg Min2
- Sugg Max2
- Current Min2
- Current Max2
- Product Attributes: UPC, MPN, SKU, Keyword, Brand, Color, Size, Style Name, Style Number, Season, Gender, Other, MSRP
- Comments: User-entered comments. They are specific to this report.
- Last Analyzed: Last date product was updated via this report.
Updating Min / Max Values
You have several options for updating your Min & Max values. Ascend will populate suggested values as part of the analysis. If you want to take those suggestions, that's great. If you don't, no problem. These values are editable so you can click in and set your own values. Once you've decided on your updates, you can use the Apply button to put them in place.
The Apply button offers a lot of flexibility.
- Apply Checked: Will update the values for all items in the grid that are checked.
- Apply Checked (In Season Only): Will update the Current Min and Current Max values to the Sugg Min and Sugg Max values for all checked items.
- Apply Checked (Out of Season Only): Will update the Current Min2 and Current Max2 values to the Sugg Min2 and Sugg Max2 values for all checked items.
- Apply User Modified: Will update the values for all items in the grid that have been modified, even if they aren't checked.
- Apply User Modified (In Season Only):
Will update the Current Min and Current Max values to the Sugg Min and Sugg Max values for all items that have been modified.
- Apply User Modified (Out of Season Only):
Will update the Current Min2 and Current Max2 values to the Sugg Min2 and Sugg Max2 values for all items that have been modified.
Once you Apply, your changes will flow down to the affected location(s) within minutes.
Updating Multiple Locations
If you choose more than one location in the Search Criteria, the functionality of the report changes a little bit. Here are the differences:
- A small caret will appear to the left of the checkbox for each product. When expanded, the selected locations will show below the Description field in the grid.
- Suggested Min & Max values will show -- at the product level. They will be populated and can be updated at the location level.
- Current Min & Max values will show ** at the product level if the selected location values have different values set. If all locations have the same value or some locations have the same value set and the others have nothing set, that number will show.
- Check boxes will show at the Product and Location level. If checked at the Product level, all locations will be checked. You can also only check at the location-specific level.