The Reorder Analysis tool on Ascend HQ helps you to plan for products which need to be ordered soon and allows you to set reorder levels (min/maxes) according to your sales history so you never run out of popular products.
Note: (multi-store retailers) Values can be set per location
or for all locations, based on your Shared Product Attributes selections
in Ascend > Options > Multi-Store.
Ascend RMS user permissions required: Reporting - Ascend HQ and Vendor Orders.
Run the report
- Select Orders > Reorder Analysis.
- From the Select Supplier dropdown, select the vendor/supplier you wish to analyze.
- From the Select Category dropdown, select the category
you wish to analyze.
Note: Selecting a parent category automatically selects all child categories.
- In the Lead Time field, enter the average number of days
it takes from the time you place your order with the vendor/supplier to the time
you receive the order.
Note: A maximum of 99 days can be entered.
- (multi-store retailers) From the Select Locations dropdown, check any locations you wish to have included in reorder calculations.
- In the Sales Start Date and Sales End Date fields,
enter or select the date range to analyze product sales history.
Note: To get the most accurate data, run this tool for an entire year.
- Check Include Inventory with No Sales to display products which you have in stock, but which did not sell during the selected date range.
- Check Show Only New Products to display only products which were added to your system during the selected date range.
- Click the Analyze button.
Setting reorder values
To set values for a large quantity of products, click
the Import button and navigate to the location where you saved the
spreadsheet (template available on the Ascend Retailer Portal – log
If no values are entered for a product included in the spreadsheet, fields are set to 0.
If the VPN entered does not match a vendor Part Number for the selected vendor/supplier, the product is not updated.
If multiple VPNs are entered for the same product, only the first value listed is used.
- Check the items to update.
Note: Check the box in the header section to select all products. (multi-store retailers) To set values for multiple locations, click the caret (arrow) next to the product to display each location on a separate line. Check next to the product to check all locations.
- (optional) In the Safety Stock field, enter the number
of items you wish to keep in your “back stock” in addition to the number of items
kept on your floor.
For example: Your floor display has two hooks which can hold a total of six water bottle cages, but you want to ensure the hooks are always fully stocked. Enter a Safety Stock value of six so you have extra items to replenish the floor display while awaiting order items from the vendor/supplier. If your calculated sales and lead times indicate a minimum stock of four items and a maximum of six items, the tool suggests a Min value of 10 and a Max value of 12.
- The Sugg Min and Sugg Max fields automatically
populate values based on your sales data during the date range selected, but
can be adjusted as desired.
Note: Click the Set to 0 button to clear (reset) all Min/Max values on all checked items.(multi-store retailers) If you’re sharing Min/Max values between all locations, these fields display a green outline – any values entered apply to ALL locations.
- (optional) In the Comments field, enter additional notes related to reorder levels. These
comments are not used in Ascend.
Note: This field does not display by default – see below to see how to add it.
- Click the Apply button and choose the appropriate
a. Apply Checked: Changes apply to all fields on all selected products.
b. Apply Checked (In Season Only): Only Sugg Min/Sugg Max values apply to all selected products.
c. Apply Checked (Out of Season Only): Only Sugg Min2/Sugg Max2 values apply to all selected products.
d. Apply Checked (Safety Stock Only): Only Safety Stock values apply to all selected products.
e. Apply User Modified: Changes apply to all fields on all products with manual edits.
f. Apply User Modified (In Season Only): Only Sugg Min/Sugg Max values apply to all products with manual edits.
g. Apply User Modified (Out of Season Only): Only Sugg Min2/Sugg Max2 values apply to all products with manual edits.
h. Apply User Modified (Safety Stock Only): Only Safety Stock values apply to all products with manual edits.
i. Apply Comments Only: Only Comments apply to all products for which they were entered.
Additional fields, options, & filters
To choose how columns to display on the report:
- Click the Column Chooser (gear icon) button and check
the fields you wish to display.
Note: Check the box in the “heading” section to select all fields.
a. Description: The product description.
b. VPN: The Part Number for the selected vendor/supplier.
c. QOH: The current inventory quantity in stock.
d. QOO: The number of items on all Vendor Orders which are not yet received into inventory.
Note: This value includes quantities from ALL vendors/suppliers – not just the vendor/supplier currently selected. If the product is ordered in bulk (case quantity), the number of boxes on order displays.
e. # Sold: Total quantity of items sold in the selected date range.
f. Avg Units/Day: The average number of items sold daily in the selected date range.
g. Demand: Total quantity of items expected to sell prior to receiving the order (Avg Units/Day times Lead Time).
h. Max 1 Day: The highest number of items sold on a single day in the selected date range.
i. Max 3 Day: The highest total number of items sold across a consecutive three-day period in the selected date range.
j. Safety Stock: The number of items you wish to keep in your “back stock” in addition to the number of items kept on your floor.
k. Sugg Min: Demand (rounded up to the nearest whole number) plus Safety Stock.
l. Sugg Max: Sugg Min plus Max 3 Day minus 1.
m. Current Min: Your currently configured Min 1 value.
n. Current Max: Your currently configured Max 1 value.
o. Sugg Min2: Demand (rounded up to the nearest whole number) plus Safety Stock.
p. Sugg Max2: Sugg Min2 plus Max 3 Day minus 1.
q. Current Min2: Your currently configured Min 2 value.
r. Current Max2: Your currently configured Max 2 value.
s. UPC: The UPC or EAN for the product.
t. MPN: The Manufacturer’s Part Number for the product.
u. SKU: The in-store SKU for the product.
v. Keyword: The product’s short description.
w. Brand: The product’s brand name.
x. Color: The product’s color name.
y. Size: The product’s size value.
z. Style Name: The style name assigned to the product.
aa. Style Number: The style number assigned to the product.
bb. Season: The season the product is designed for.
cc. Year: The model year for the product.
dd. Gender: The gender the product is designed for.
ee. Other: Additional information entered for the product
ff. MSRP: The base selling price for the product
gg. Comments: Additional notes related to reorder levels.
hh. Last Analyzed: The most recent date the product was adjusted using the Reorder Analysis tool.
- Drag fields into your preferred display order.
a. Click the upwards-pointing arrow button to move the selected field above the previous field.
b. Click the upwards-pointing double-arrow button to move the selected field before all others (top of the list).
c. Click the downwards-pointing arrow button to move the selected field below the next field.
d. Click the downwards-pointing double-arrow button to move the selected field after all others (end of the list).
- If you wish to “lock” fields so that they always display when scrolling, move the field above the orange bar.
- Click the Save button.
To further filter displayed results:
- Click the header to change sort order.
- For alphanumeric/text-based fields, type your search criteria in the field below the header.
- For numeric fields, drag the slider to set your desired value range.
- For date-based fields, click below the header to select a date.
To navigate results:
- The total number of results displays in the lower right corner.
- Click the display results dropdown (in the lower left corner) to display 10, 25, or 50 results per page.
- Click a page number to skip directly to that page of results.
- Click the right caret (arrow) button to navigate to the next page of the results.
- Click the right double-caret (arrow) button to navigate to the last page of the results.
- Click the left caret (arrow) button to navigate to the next page of the results.
- Click the left double-caret (arrow) button to navigate to the first page of the results.