When a product purchase was paid online via Locally
eCommerce, process the return using the original transaction receipt to ensure
the refund is issued to the same payment type the customer used and is the
exact amount the customer paid.
Because Locally collects and pays sales tax on
your behalf, this also ensures your sales tax is reported accurately.
Sherpa tip: Items reserved online (paid in store) can be processed as normal.
- Create a return using either the Return button on the transaction toolbar or the Return icon on the Desktop.
- On the Previous Sales Item dialog box, scan or enter the original transaction’s barcode.
- Select the items being returned and click the Add button.
- On the Initiate Locally Refund prompt, click the Yes
- On the Return Request Processed prompt, click the OK
- On the Payments toolbar, click the eCommerce
Sherpa tip: If you have a large number of payment types, you may need to click the >> button to view more types.
- In the Payment dialog box, select Stripe from
the Card Type dropdown.
Sherpa tip: (US/Canada only) Locally collects and pays local sales tax(es) on your behalf. Sales tax is not included in Ascend transactions.
- Complete the return as normal.
Article: Process eCommerce sales