Use the steps below to update from v4.1.1 to v4.1.2
1. Start AscendScan.
2. Obtain a new, valid lease (even if the device indicates it already has a valid lease)
a. Navigate to Utilities > Network and press SCAN QR CODE
b. Scan an applicable QR code (displayed from an Ascend RMS workstation)
3. Once a new, valid lease is obtained, check for an application update on the mobile device
a. Navigate to Utilities > About and press CHECK FOR UPDATES
b. If an update is available, select YES to continue
c. If you are presented with a “System Information” dialog, continue with step 3.d.; otherwise, go to step 3.e.d. When the System Information dialog is presented, this indicates that the Install Unknown Apps permission must be enabled for AscendScan. Press OK on this dialog page and then enable Allow from this source on the Install unknown apps page.
Note: after enabling the Install unknown apps setting and navigating back to AscendScan, the app will automatically restart.
Once AscendScan is running again, navigate back to the Utilities > About page to re-initiate the app update process; then continue with the next step (3.e.)
e. The app download and installation process is initiated
f. After the download completes, another dialog is presented asking if you want to install an update to the existing application; press INSTALL to continue
g. After the app finishes installing, press DONE
4. Once the installation is complete, close the existing AscendScan app if it is still running
a. Press the square navigation button found at the lower right of the display (highlighted with a red square in the screenshot below)
b. If AscendScan appears, close it by swiping it up and off the screen; if the Install Unknown Apps page (from step 3.d.) is also present, swipe it off the screen as well
5. Next, restart the mobile device
6. After the device has restarted, launch AscendScan and verify that the update succeeded
a. Navigate to Utilities >About
b. Press CHECK FOR UPDATES to verify that the latest version of the app is installed
7. AscendScan has now been updated on the Unitech EA520